new to this

I just brought this Sansa clip (2GB) First of all how songs will it hold if I’M putting songs on it from CD’S? and how long will it take. Also are the FM radio station are preset on the player? Or is that something I have to buy?

First of all how songs will it hold if I’M putting songs on it from CD’S? and how long will it take.

That depends on the filetype you rip your CDs to (the Clip supports WAV, MP3, WMA, protected WMA, OGG, and FLAC) and the bitrate.

Also are the FM radio station are preset on the player? Or is that something I have to buy?

You can choose your own presets. But if it’s like the e200, FM functionality is disabled in some parts of the world (and can be enabled by installing a different firmware, or possibly changing the region in the case of an all-region firmware). In either case, you don’t have to pay anything extra.

Also, Clip questions should be posted on the Clip forum.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 03-13-2009 08:58 PM

@gwk1967 wrote:

First of all how songs will it hold if I’M putting songs on it from CD’S? and how long will it take.

That depends on the filetype you rip your CDs to (the Clip supports WAV, MP3, WMA, protected WMA, OGG, and FLAC) and the bitrate.

Also are the FM radio station are preset on the player? Or is that something I have to buy?

You can choose your own presets. But if it’s like the e200, FM functionality is disabled in some parts of the world (and can be enabled by installing a different firmware, or possibly changing the region in the case of an all-region firmware). In either case, you don’t have to pay anything extra.

Also, Clip questions should be posted on the Clip forum.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 03-13-2009 08:58 PM

Radio depends on your firmware. If you are in the US you choose that region and you are fine. If you are elsewhere you need to choose the region that fixs your geography.

You may want to read the User Manual to start.  See the User Manual sticky thread at the top of the Clip forum.