New to MP3 and Fuse need some help.

Using WMP11 on a Vista Home Premium with service pack 2.  I’m trying to add my extensive music collection to my 8GB Fuse along with an addional 8GB SCHC card.  The firmware version on my Fuse v02.02.28A, and I just started using the device last week. This is my first MP3 player, and it works fine.  I love it by the way.  But I have a question.

I have about 50 CD’s for single person, and and am wondering if there is a way that I can put those all on the extra 8GB card even before the Fuse itself is full?  If so how?  If not, just let me know so I quit trying…LOL

Thanks a lot…:slight_smile:

Amie

Whether you use WMP to ‘sync’ or drag & drop music files, you determine where they are to be stored, in the internal memory or external memory card. They are 2 separate memory storage areas, although your Fuze will populate its lists (Artists, Albums, Genres, etc.) from both sources and dispaly them as one. Your Fuze will also play music from either location as if there is no difference.

You can load up the card and leave the players’ memory empty in you want. It doesn’t care. :smiley:

Whether you use WMP to ‘sync’ or drag & drop music files, you determine where they are to be stored, in the internal memory or external memory card. They are 2 separate memory storage areas, although your Fuze will populate its lists (Artists, Albums, Genres, etc.) from both sources and display them as one. Your Fuze will also play music from either location as if there is no difference.

Quite the smart little cookie, huh? You can even load up the card and leave the players’ memory empty in you want. It doesn’t care. :smiley:

Or, to put it a different way, the Fuze doesn’t know to use the extra card for overflow.  When the Fuze fills up, it will tell you it’s out of memory–you have to tell it to put the rest on the card. Or you can just start with the card. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 11-01-2009 03:12 PM

WiMP is a little bit tricky when it comes to syncing your music to the Sansa, and the µSD card. 

In the upper right, note that the connected device is shown.  If you click “next device”, it will switch to the next available memory area, which is the card.

If only WiMP would display that “subtle” difference a wee bit better.  In the device tree on the lower left, you’ll note that the correct media is highlighted.

I like MTP mode, as after ripping my favorite CDs to mp3 or wma, the album art is ported over with the music seamlessly.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for all the info folks, the tips and insight really helped.  I think I’ve got the hang of it now…:wink:

The player/card, not the forum board…:stuck_out_tongue: