New problem I'm having: Fuze + WinAMP....

So, yeah, I suggested that others do this before, but for some reason I’m having problems now getting WinAMP to transcode and send songs to the Fuze (by the by, I’m on Vista).

Here’s what I do: run WinAMP (5.54), select the FLAC encoded files I want to transcode/sync, and drag the files to the Fuze icon in the side panel.  WA reports that the files have been transcoded and synced, and they show up in the Fuze, but they will not play now!

Oh, but it gets better…

If I go into Windows Explorer, I can browse to the actual files on the Fuze, and then copy them to the desktop and play them in WinAMP.  OR, if I tell WA just to transcode the files and copy them to the desktop and then drag them over to the Fuze through Windows Explorer, I can play the files on the Fuze.

Any ideas here?

@hbar98 wrote:

OR, if I tell WA just to transcode the files and copy them to the desktop and then drag them over to the Fuze through Windows Explorer, I can play the files on the Fuze.

Any ideas here?

Do whatever works! :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

Do whatever works! :smiley:

Oooh, but that seems to be such a time intensive process.  I like automation!  I don’t want to transcode a thousand files and then manually move them all by hand, dagnabbit! 

@hbar98 wrote:

So, yeah, I suggested that others do this before, but for some reason I’m having problems now getting WinAMP to transcode and send songs to the Fuze (by the by, I’m on Vista).

Any ideas here?

I use Winamp to do the same thing (transcode FLAC to MP3) and it works perfectly for me.  I typically use the playlist sync method, but manually sending files to the Fuze works as well.  What USB mode are you using?  MTP mode can be pretty flaky with Winamp, especially with the latest WMP.  I use MSC mode and it works perfectly.  I’m on XP, but MSC should work the same on Vista.