My Sansa Keeps Deleting Itself

For whatever reason, my Sansa Clip keeps deleting itself. This has actually happened twice, where after I would have to go and put the music back on my mp3. It would start by not playing any of my songs, but still recognizing that they are on the device. Then, when I hook it up to the computer just to charge it, It would delete EVERYTHING!!! THis is including the folders on the disk that you put the music in. I enjoy my Sansa Clip because I can hold over 1000 songs (its a 8 GB); however, this is a problem that is very frustrating to deal with. If you have any suggestions or solutions, please e-mail me at ebony.kellum@yahoo.com. Thank you

You could try, if not recently done:  a system re-set–Clip off, hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds; a reapplication of the firmware (it could have become corrupted over time)–see the sticky thread on firmware upgrade at the top of the forum; and/or a reformat, from the Clip’s settings (note:  this will erase your content on the Clip).  Hopefully, one or the other will do the trick.