My sansa clip+ is making a clicking noise...

I just got this about 5 days ago. It was working perfectly fine and I like it alot. But then I went to listen to it, and all I heard was a clicking noise. It shows the song name and that it’s playing and counts the seconds and everything, but no sound besides the clicking noise. I downloaded the new firmware, tried reseting it at least 5 times, re-formatted it and it is still just clicking. I also tried 3 different pairs of headphones to make sure it is not that. The songs are wma files, and were working fine. I have no idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated, I really liked this while it was working…

Try running one of your song files again, and press the center button.  See if the graphic display shows that the Clip+ is actively decoding audio.

Next, I would switch over to the FM radio, and see if you get any audio.  Don’t forget that the play / pause button will mute the FM, so be sure that the device is tuned to a local station, and try having a listen.

This will give us a hint where the break in the audio chain might be.  The Clip+ has a full year warranty; however, in the first few days, it’s best to exchange the device with the retailer.  They can handle the details with SanDisk for you, and you’ll get a replacement in the most timely manner.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

And do be sure the headphone jack is in all the way.  I know, it sounds silly, but the jack can be very tight at first, and some people report that they are afraid that they will be breaking the Clip if pushing the headphone jack in fully.

It looks like it is decoding the audio fine, I tried a few different songs and the bars moved like each song.

I tried the radio and it was still clicking-and even when I was going to the radio with no music “playing” it was clicking.

haha, yeah, I thought that at first about the headphones, but I did try it pushed all the way in and a little loose and still just clicking =/

I was going to return it to the store, but I only have the box and all the papers that came with it, I threw away the annoying plastic thing that held it because in trying to get the sansa clip out of it I had to basically demolish the plastic…lol. Will they still take it back without the plastic thing? I bought it at walmart.

Hopefully, Wal-Mart will, once you explain the product defect issue, allowing you to exchange it for a non-defective unit.  If there is an issue, you always can contact/telephone SanDisk for a warranty replacement (or, for that matter, buy another one at Wal-Mart, swap out the new player, and return the old player along with the plastic insert).

leacha18 wrote:

I was going to return it to the store, but I only have the box and all the papers that came with it, I threw away the annoying plastic thing that held it because in trying to get the sansa clip out of it I had to basically demolish the plastic…lol. Will they still take it back without the plastic thing? I bought it at walmart.

The plastic clamshell is a theft-seterrent only and a pain in every consumer’s side. Yes, it has to be cut open and/or demolished just to get the product out.

Walmart won’t care; take it back. As long as you have your receipt you should have no problem.

The plastic clamshell is a theft-deterrent only. Yes, it has to be cut and/or demolished just to get the product out.

Walmart won’t care; take it back. As long as you have your receipt, you shouldn’t have any problem.