Okay, here’s my story with Sandisk Customer Support.
Not long ago I purchased a Sandisk 32gb Ultra Class 10 (micro sd) card in a local store.
I own a Galaxy S4 smartphone and as soon as I popped the card into it, I started having problems.
Going to google and searching about it led me to find out ton of people are having the same issues with these cards and it’s a known compatibility problem with Samsung phones.
I go back to the store where I got the card, they test it with a couple of cameras and it works flawlessly. They tell me the card is ok and that my phone has a disfunctioning card reader.
On 14/05/2013 being left with no other option, I go to Sandisk website to see if their support can help me to debugg the card or my phone.
I get an answer from them the next day and they tell me they gonna send me a new card! I was suprised at the offer as not many companies will do this. Especially since I purchased this card from a seller who is in no way affiliated with Sandisk except from selling their card.
I had to prove that my card is a genuine product before they could issue another card to me.
I was given a choice to either send them my card OR destroy it and send them photos of the destroyed card.
Not many companies will do this either and usually the customer is the one who pays for all the shipping costs.
I decided to destroy it in order to avoid extra shipping costs.(don’t think you can cheat the system here because there’s a couple of tricks they use to make sure 100% you have destroyed it).
So, it’s been 3 days since I frst contacted them and they finally told me that the card is getting shipped on 17/05/2013. I was told Im going to get a tracking number for the shipment in my Email.
Two days passed since then and I didn’t receive any kind of email from them and tracking number didn’t show up anywhere.
I contacted them and their support asking for the tracking number but they just sent me a message which was obviously a script that they just copy/pasted to me. It said that the card was sent on 17/05/2013 and that I should be patient but nobody didn’t even bother to answer my question about the tracking number.
So there I am, waiting for the card to arrive when suddenly they send me an email on 23/05/2013 which says that the card has been shipped on 23/05/2013 and they gave me the tracking number. So it actually wasn’t shipped on 17th as they told me it did but it was shipped on 23rd of May.
They shipped it via UPS service and tracking was updated all the time.
The card arrived to me on 27/05/2013 in a non-retail packaging. ( which is fine for me as I got what I wanted anyways )
The new card works without any kind of problems with my Galaxy S4. Seems like the new series of cards from Sandisk have the compatibility issues solved and they have no problem with usage in Samsung phones
To sumarize everything, it took total of 13 DAYS to get the new card in my hands since the day I first contacted Sandisk.
My advice is that if you decide to send them your card, DO NOT send them the card reader too as they will only send you a naked card packed in a shock-proof envelope with a cardboard wrapping. It will also take around 6 extra days until they ship the card after they first confirm that the card has been sent!
After all, I’d say I’m very satisfied with Sandisk. Even though I got a failure card in the first place, Sandisk sent me a new one without me paying a penny for anything extra. I didn’t even have to send them my old card.
The only problem I had is the delay with the shipment, as they sent it 6 days after the day they said it was sent on. And their customer support team can be really dull with those scripts they’re using to answer customers.
But in the end, they do the job and they DO care about their customers and their reputation.
I’m satisfied and I’ll stick to Sandisk products in future! Thanks SANDISK