My Cruzer Fit (CZ33) 8GB can't be recognized by my car's stereo

I used to use a kingstone flashdisk on my car’s stereo, and it functions well. The only problem is  the flashdisk is too big.

So i bought a Sandisk Cruzer Fit (CZ33) 8GB flshdisk, cause it was the smallest flashdisk that i could find. 

But it can’t be recognized by my car’s stereo!

By the way, I’m from China, and my car’s stereo’s operating system is WinCE 5.0.

I think the head unit only supports one drive (i.e. mass storage device). The Clip+, with microSD card, consists of two (internal + card).

@nayan007 wrote:

I think the head unit only supports one drive (i.e. mass storage device). The Clip+, with microSD card, consists of two (internal + card).

Who mentioned anything about a Clip+? The OP stated

@nayan007 wrote:

Who mentioned anything about a Clip+? The OP stated he was trying to use a Cruzer Fit flash drive.

not solved yet

Does the flash drive work in your home computer?

You may want to contact, or go to the support section of the car’s (or stereo’s) website for advice. Some car models have user forums too where you can get help/advice from others with your same set-up.

Well my Cruzer Fit 8GB SUX. Have problems with car stereo too :stuck_out_tongue:

If Cruzer Fit is inserted in car stereo before it is turned on, then i can forget about it beeing recognized. So i need to power on car stereo and wait few sec and only then i can insert Cruzer Fit to be properly recognized.
Annoying as hell !!!
With Cruzer Fit there is no more resume option for playback so i need to go and search folder/song that i listen last. Hate it!

Believe the problem is in usb controller. It is clearly not responding properly at the initialization time.

Before i had Patriot X-PORTER MINI 8Gb and it work great. Too bad i lost it.
http://patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=7&catid=86&prodgroupid=100&id=688&type=11
Today i tested another no name usb stick with no enclousure :slight_smile: and it work great too. Just its old 2GB and big stick :frowning: It contain Chipsbank CBM2091 controller(48pin) and it is sure better then what Cruzer Fit uses.
http://www.chinaeds.com/zl/2011723173215430748_CBM2091PDF.pdf

Bottom line, Cruzer Fit is a bad choice for car stereo usage. Design is great, but compatibility is worse then 5 year old usb sticks.

Wish i could return this crapy usb stick and get me that old Patriot mini stick, that around here still cost 50% more then useless Cruzer Fit :stuck_out_tongue:

Sandisk is a name ill ignore for the rest of my life !