Music flolder empty in both MTP and MSC mode

Hello,

Just got a Sansa Clip as a birthday present from a friend. She added a few songs to the player - however, when I connect the Clip to my laptop, the Music folder is empty.
I have tried both MTP and MSC modes, but the folder is empty in both cases. Any ideas?

(Tried searching, but couldn’t find a relevant post…)

Do they show up on the Clip itself? (Just want to make sure that they successfully were loaded onto the Clip.)

Also, they don’t need to be in the Music folder for the Clip to find and play them–they can be elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply. The songs do show up on the clip itself. And I have checked the rest of the folder, and yes, the songs are hidden under Service-- Rhapsody - Playlists.
However, the folder contains 25 songs and the Clip only shows/plays 19 of them. Any ideas?

The remaining six songs may be in an incompatible format.

Or, if you’re trying to access the songs on the Clip via a playlist, they may not be in the playlist.

Note also that improperly tagged songs may show up with “Unknown” tags (though I assume you looked through all artist/album/etc. entries).

They are all MP3s (apart from a WMA). They are not listed under the songs on the Clip and they are not played when I choose Play all.

Try copying them from the Clip to your PC’s hard drive, and see if they’ll play.

Also, try comparing their ID3 tags to the tags of a song that does show up on the Clip.

Ther Services/Rhapsody/Playlists folder is Where rhapsody keeps the Rhapsody Channels content lists.  THe music files are WMA and are “Hidden”  You might try deleting the Rhapsody Channels from your device.  If all else fails you can “Format”  that should get rid of everything.

I am encountering the same problem.  I had problems with windows media and so removed all traces on my pc of the songs on my clip by using Windows Media player (and renaming all folders on my pc that ties it in with the player.   

When I reopen windows media player it can’t find any music on my clip but when I turn on the clip it shows up when I “play all”.   Same thing when I open Windows Explorer, it can’t seem to find anything on the clip. 

This may have been  part of an earlier problem, I tried to use Window’s Media player to update the information on my clip so it can go also be listed in the proper album but it looks like it tried to add the songs to the clip so I ran out of space on the clip. 

At least the clip is playing my songs but  like before I have to scroll through the thing to find the artists. 

I’m having the same problem. The music folder is showing up empty, but all my songs are on the clip itself. Is there any way to get the music to show up?

jpawlak wrote:
I’m having the same problem. The music folder is showing up empty, but all my songs are on the clip itself. Is there any way to get the music to show up?

Previous posts in this thread have mentioned that (1) the songs don’t have to be in the Music folder, and (2) the songs may have been transferred in the other mode (MTP vs MSC).  Have you checked these two possibilities?