microSD cards max size

Then don’t"hang around and wait". Do something else in the meantime. Surely there must be SOMETHING you can do instead of sitting there staring at your MP3 player.

Why is this such an issue for people? You expect everything to be the speed of light?

@bobletteross wrote:

For me a few minutes, between 4-5. Capiche? What is the big deal anyway? Is this a deal breaker for anyone? It takes time to load up a digital player…do as much as you can at a time and try not to play with it, loading and unloading…get a hobby if the time staring at the device waiting for it to re-sort itself seems to take too long!

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-28-2009 11:50 AM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-28-2009 11:51 AM

I’m not blame you for nothing, i only asked if your time would be a general average :smiley: inviting other users to report their times. Maybe you would say “Capisci” ? :smiley:

I don’t expect the “speed of light”, only i don’t knew about fuze’s card loading times and i’ve read somewhere about 15-20 miuntes to refresh an 8gb and i fall in panic… I don’t think bad (and i’m really hoping) about a good optimization in the future.

Message Edited by darkham on 04-29-2009 03:29 AM

Don’t sweat it. It’s nowhere near 15 - 20 minutes.

If anyone claimed it took 15-20 minutes I would say they have either a bad card or a malfunctioning Fuze. I never heard of anyone having a refresh over 5 minutes no matter how many files were on it. Remember it won’t refresh until after you disconnect from the computer anyway, so pop it into whatever/where ever you keep it and it will shut down by itself after the refresh accordingly to your settings.

In the past when I needed two 8gig cards, I had to wait for the refresh after swaping cards. But now that I am using a 16G (and for others soon the 32G card) I don’t need to deal with that pain.

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-29-2009 06:11 AM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-29-2009 06:12 AM

30 seconds or less is just about right.

Anything more is tooo looooong in this day and age.:robotvery-happy:

@bobletteross wrote:

…get this…you had to turn those LPs OVER!!!). It never made us crazy…

Actually my mom never turned her LPs over, she just started the same side over, and over, and over… drove me crazy… :slight_smile:

In my opinion I don’t think anything longer them 30 seconds is crazy.  I just ripped some cd’s, took about 5 minuts for each one.  That is crazy (okay it was WMP 10, but still).  I just did other things while it was ripping.  Took maybe 30 seconds to get on my Fuze.  Then a little over a minute to refresh (okay only about 50 songs on this 8gb class 2 card–I just got it and started loading music on it).  Again I did other things while it refreshed, then when I was ready, I played it.

Many people just hate WMP. I have no problem with WMP11. I will say, IMO WMP11 is far better than WMP10. I was trying to do a few things on a friend’s pc with WMP10 and practically MADE him upgrade on the spot…really you should Dalaug234…really…

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-29-2009 10:19 AM

@dalaug234 wrote:

@bobletteross wrote:

…get this…you had to turn those LPs OVER!!!). It never made us crazy…

Actually my mom never turned her LPs over, she just started the same side over, and over, and over… drove me crazy… :slight_smile:

In my opinion I don’t think anything longer them 30 seconds is crazy.  I just ripped some cd’s, took about 5 minuts for each one.  That is crazy (okay it was WMP 10, but still).  I just did other things while it was ripping.  Took maybe 30 seconds to get on my Fuze.  Then a little over a minute to refresh (okay only about 50 songs on this 8gb class 2 card–I just got it and started loading music on it).  Again I did other things while it refreshed, then when I was ready, I played it.

Ok, waiting for you isn’t bad, but i’m shure, if fuse would be with a display like a clip, card access would be surely more fastest.

my 2005 Nokia N70 phone have 15 sec for refresh a 4gb MMC card…

I think factories economize with HW specs mystifying us with beauty dashboards…

General speed of players insn’t improved so much in the last 3-4 years, but factories published many models ever with new grafical interface…

@bluemax wrote:

30 seconds or less is just about right.

Anything more is tooo looooong in this day and age.:robotvery-happy:

It’s just one of those things you gotta learn to live with and don’t let it make you crazy.

Like 5 min. traffic lights! :angry: