Probably a stupid noob question (sdhc cards)

I’ve purchased a 16gig View today just to find out that it doesn’t play FLAC, so I’m taking it back tomorrow. What a huge disappointment, gg Sansa.

Now I’m torn between the 4gig and the 8gig Fuze. The question - does the 4gig Fuze support 8gig++ sdhc cards? I know this is probably a stupid question, but a FutureShop rep told me that the Fuze only supports sd cards upto its maximum capacity (ie a 4gig would only use 4gigs on a card, even if the card is larger). Due to the FLAC fiasco with the View, I can’t be sure about anything anymore.

Thanks!

EDIT: Another question then - which one offers better sound quality, the clip or the fuze? Further - what’s up with the 8gig Clip? I’ve seen some on Amazon for $70usd, is this for real? Is it released yet?

Message Edited by fomoz on 03-02-2009 01:05 AM

Yes, it does. Indeed, I believe all microsd cards above 4gb are sdhc.

…Adding, if you’re going to be using video files stay away from the Kingston cards, which have video playback problems on the Fuze. Music files are no problem. 

Awesome! I’m not interested in video playback, so its cool

Another question then - which one offers better sound quality, the clip or the fuze? Further - what’s up with the 8gig Clip? I’ve seen some on Amazon for $70usd, is this for real? Is it released yet?

From other posts I’ve read here there some people using 16GB microSDHC cards in their Fuze. Although the technical specs for microSDHC allow up to 32GB, for now the largest available is 16GB. I don’t know if they will ever make a 32GB and/or if the Fuze can actually handle one that large.

Hopefully someone else can verify using 16GB though. I just seem to recall seeing a few post where people where.

Hmm, looks like someone already verified things before I got this posted.

Message Edited by miltst on 03-02-2009 02:56 AM

Side note: uSD cards only go up to 2GB, anything larger is uSDHC.

Message Edited by miltst on 03-02-2009 02:57 AM

From what I read, the Fuze and Clip are identical for SQ – and both much better SQ than the View. Don’t know about the 8gb Clip. I’m looking/hoping for a 16gb or even 32gb Fuze…

@fomoz wrote:

Awesome! I’m not interested in video playback, so its cool

Another question then - which one offers better sound quality, the clip or the fuze? Further - what’s up with the 8gig Clip? I’ve seen some on Amazon for $70usd, is this for real? Is it released yet?

The 8GB Clip is for real…They’ve been on sale at Wal=Marts for $49…don’t know if they still are, but I got mine.:smiley:

@fomoz wrote:

I’ve purchased a 16gig View today just to find out that it doesn’t play FLAC, so I’m taking it back tomorrow. What a huge disappointment, gg Sansa.

Now I’m torn between the 4gig and the 8gig Fuze. The question - does the 4gig Fuze support 8gig++ sdhc cards?

Message Edited by fomoz on 03-02-2009 01:05 AM

Yes, it supports 8GB microsdhc( I have one in a 4GB Fuze) and 16GB microsdhc( I know of at least one person on this site that uses one)

Perfect, thanks!

@fomoz wrote:

Now I’m torn between the 4gig and the 8gig Fuze. The question - does the 4gig Fuze support 8gig++ sdhc cards? I know this is probably a stupid question, but a FutureShop rep told me that the Fuze only supports sd cards upto its maximum capacity (ie a 4gig would only use 4gigs on a card, even if the card is larger). Due to the FLAC fiasco with the View, I can’t be sure about anything anymore.

EDIT: Another question then - which one offers better sound quality, the clip or the fuze? Further - what’s up with the 8gig Clip? I’ve seen some on Amazon for $70usd, is this for real? Is it released yet?

Who IS this guy? I’ve heard the exact same thing here before. It’s _ GOT _ to be the same ■■■■■! This is nonsense! Maybe FutureShop trains all their little minions with the same flawed manual.

To avoid repeating myself I will instead refer you to this post.

And just for the record, I have an e280v2 (8GB) player and a 2GB Fuze. My 16GB card works perfectly in either one.

The Clip & the Fuze (and the e200v2 series) all use the same processing chip so their sound quality is the same.

The 8GB Clips were being sold at Walmart stores last week for $49. If you have one in your area you might check it out and see if a.) they are still on sale and b.) there are any left.

@tapeworm wrote:

@fomoz wrote:

Who IS this guy? I’ve heard the exact same thing here before. It’s _ GOT _ to be the same ■■■■■! This is nonsense! Maybe FutureShop trains all their little minions with the same flawed manual.

To avoid repeating myself I will instead refer you to this post.

And just for the record, I have an e280v2 (8GB) player and a 2GB Fuze. My 16GB card works perfectly in either one.

The Clip & the Fuze (and the e200v2 series) all use the same processing chip so their sound quality is the same.

The 8GB Clips were being sold at Walmart stores last week for $49. If you have one in your area you might check it out and see if a.) they are still on sale and b.) there are any left.

From what I have read and heard Futureshop has its fair share of problems not the least of which is inept customer service people. Good thing you came here and asked! Maybe we should all call them up can correct them and let them know that when the 32 gig cards come out, those will work too.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-02-2009 08:51 PM

I currently have a 8gb Fuze with a 16gb microSD card.Trust me they do exist,at least at BestBuy they do…