microSD cards max size

CDs ripped in FLAC take around 300Mb. So the 8GB cards soon fill up.

Has anyone tried bigger microSD cards?

Any probs with brands other than SanDisk ?

Thanks

I’m using a 16GB SanDisk card, no problems.  I have read that there can be some issues with other manufacturer’s cards when playing videos, but have seen no issues with music.

@tenzip wrote:
I’m using a 16GB SanDisk card, no problems.  I have read that there can be some issues with other manufacturer’s cards when playing videos, but have seen no issues with music.

If you are just playing musicyou should not rum into any issues (None have been reported). However with Video playback there have been some compatability issues with Kingston cards.

Ditto 16GB Sandisk microSDHC - no problems at all.

usability? time of index (microSDHC inserted off , or when the player is on) ? it’s true that the 2gb fuze don’t work with 8-16GB cards?

@darkham wrote:

usability? time of index (microSDHC inserted off , or when the player is on) ? it’s true that the 2gb fuze don’t work with 8-16GB cards?

The last 2 firmware releases have garunteed that no matter what size fuze is, it will support ANY size card (I will justify this by saying that 32 gig cards are supposed to work but since they havent made it to the market yet there is no telling). Like I said before if you plan to play videos Stay clear of Kingston brand cards.

ok, supposing i power-on a 2gb fuze and i plug in a 16gb card full of mp3 file (for a biggest number of file inside), what’s the usability of the player (time of index, file scrolling, any sort of access time for the files in the card during a playlist)?

After the initial database refresh, you’ll notice no delays in scrolling through your library, playing, etc.  At least that’s been my experience.  I have a 16GB card more or less full of Ogg Vorbis, and very little on the internal memory.

Does anyone know if the Fuze will take the 32 gig SDHC cards?

@pruje wrote:
Does anyone know if the Fuze will take the 32 gig SDHC cards?

It should, as long as they conform to the microSDHC spec. We’ll see when the 32GB cards actually come out.

HI. I am new to this forum.  Can anyone tell me why, on my Sansa Fuze (2GB), when I insert a 4GB micro SD (manf’d by SanDisk) only shows up as an additional 2 GB of storage?  What happended to the other two GB?

Thanks,

Can you put more than 2gb of music on the card using a card reader? if not, it could be a fake card.

how many time fuze employ to make the “initial refresh database” for 8 and 16gb microsdhc full of files?

Message Edited by darkham on 04-28-2009 03:13 PM

@darkham wrote:

how many time fuze employ to make the “initial refresh database” for 8 and 16gb microsdhc full of files?

???

Can you re-state the question, please.  I don’t understand what you’re asking.

@tenzip wrote:

@darkham wrote:

???

Can you re-state the question, please.  I don’t understand what you’re asking.

I didn’t either.

I have an 8 gig Fuze with a 16g class 2 card. Internally it has about 1 gig space remaining and the card has about 3 gig space remaining. Total no of tracks around 4,950+. It takes about 4.5 minutes to refresh after adding or deleting files. Not a big woof!

You know…in the old days it would take you a few minutes to go get out the next cd or (LP if you will excuse my age)…and exchange the last disc with the new selection before playing (get this…you had to turn those LPs OVER!!!). It never made us crazy…now it takes a few seconds to go from one to another…lets put it all in perspective…you can either download a bunch of crappy mp3 files faster and listen to it a few minutes earlier than a FLAC lossless file…did you know some people actually used to have to go out and buy a cd from a store which could take a whole hour…what about ordering it and have it sent to you…that might actually take DAYS to reach you!!!

OH MY GOD! :wink:  

I’m sorry, and i’m italian, sometimes i go wrong…

my question is about the time to wait after inserting a card in the fuze, 8gb or 16gb , both full.

4.5 min 16gb class 2 for bobletteross’s 8gb fuze…

can i cosider this an average?

Message Edited by darkham on 04-28-2009 08:43 PM

For me a few minutes, between 4-5. Capiche? What is the big deal anyway? Is this a deal breaker for anyone? It takes time to load up a digital player…do as much as you can at a time and try not to play with it, loading and unloading…get a hobby if the time staring at the device waiting for it to re-sort itself seems to take too long!

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-28-2009 11:50 AM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 04-28-2009 11:51 AM

@darkham wrote:

I’m sorry, and i’m italian, sometimes i go wrong…

my question is about the time to wait after inserting a card in the fuze, 8gb or 16gb , both full.

4.5 min 16gb class 2 for bobletteross’s 8gb fuze…

can i cosider this an average?

Message Edited by darkham on 04-28-2009 08:43 PM

The refresh time for my 4 GB Fuze with 8GB class 2 card is less than three minutes since the firmware upgrade.

yup, 4-5 mins for a 8GB Fuze with 8GB class 2 microSDHC card.

I wonder if a faster card make a difference!? May be not…

4-5 mins is too long to hang around and wait.