Maybe... in the future... they can add.......

I was hoping that in the near future… maybe in the next update… they can make it so when you go to an artist, you can select to view all songs by that artist, and select which one you want. Im not much of a fan when it comes to finding a song by an artist and having to go through all of the artist’s albums just to find it… or in order to see the whole song list of that artist you have to select “play all” then go back to list…of course there is the straight up song list but i would like to select an artist then either select “view all songs” by that artist or select any album by the artist.

 I think it would be a good idea… any thoughts?

A feature similar to what you describe is already programmed into the player.  Go to “artists” in the music portion of your player.  Scroll through the artists until the one you desire is highlighted.  Hold down the center button and all the songs by that artist are placed in the GoList (found in the playlists section of your player).

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 01-10-2009 03:37 AM

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
A feature similar to what you describe is already programmed into the player.  Go to “artists” in the music portion of your player.  Scroll through the artists until the one you desire is highlighted.  Hold down the center button and all the songs by that artist are placed in the GoList (found in the playlists section of your player).
Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 01-10-2009 03:37 AM

That’s nothing at all like what this guy (and myself) wants. We just want to click the artist and see all the songs there, not the albums. 

Mmmm. Interesting.  When I hold the center button after selecting an artist, I just get a listing of all the songs in the player by that artist in my GoList.

Ah well…

Some people are already using the go list though, and don’t want anything added to it.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Mmmm. Interesting.  When I hold the center button after selecting an artist, I just get a listing of all the songs in the player by that artist in my GoList.

 

Ah well…

We do not want it going in the go list. the only way i know of viewing all the songs under the artist is by selecting play all and then pressing the down button and then selecting back to list of songs. a lot of hassle to what could be done simply with a selection of view all songs or something like that.

@happycow wrote:


@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Mmmm. Interesting.  When I hold the center button after selecting an artist, I just get a listing of all the songs in the player by that artist in my GoList.

 

Ah well…


We do not want it going in the go list. the only way i know of viewing all the songs under the artist is by selecting play all and then pressing the down button and then selecting back to list of songs. a lot of hassle to what could be done simply with a selection of view all songs or something like that.

I cant believe it keeps comming back to this in like every conversation about future things… Im just gonna say it… Hey happycow, can you write Binary code? Thats what the firmwire is in. It AINT easy I am learning it now in school, and something that sounds super easy like adding a view all songs could be a freakin massive undertaking. NOW I know alot of people want that so I would assume Sandisk knows. What you are gonna have to do is deal for now. The next Firmwire before the end of March, maybe it will be on this one, maybe the one after that. I really dont know, but it might be pretty hard to do. 

@conversionbox wrote:

I cant believe it keeps comming back to this in like every conversation about future things… Im just gonna say it… Hey happycow, can you write Binary code? Thats what the firmwire is in.


It is supplied as a binary file but I doubt the SanDisk people write it as that. As you say it’s freaking hard, that’s why they don’t.

@hazza wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:

I cant believe it keeps comming back to this in like every conversation about future things… Im just gonna say it… Hey happycow, can you write Binary code? Thats what the firmwire is in.


It is supplied as a binary file but I doubt the SanDisk people write it as that. As you say it’s freaking hard, that’s why they don’t.

Im sure they dont write it that way but thats the easy way to relate exaxctly how hard it must be to be a programmer at sansa. With all the requests and things to write the code debug and test, and then convert it, only to get bashed over and over because it dosnt read the mind of the user, even the littlest fix gets rough.

I cant believe it keeps comming back to this in like every conversation about future things… Im just gonna say it… Hey happycow, can you write Binary code? Thats what the firmwire is in. It AINT easy I am learning it now in school, and something that sounds super easy like adding a view all songs could be a freakin massive undertaking. NOW I know alot of people want that so I would assume Sandisk knows. What you are gonna have to do is deal for now. The next Firmwire before the end of March, maybe it will be on this one, maybe the one after that. I really dont know, but it might be pretty hard to do. 

Did i say it was easy? no i didnt. i just believe it is a good idea to be looked at

@conversionbox wrote:

Im sure they dont write it that way but thats the easy way to relate exaxctly how hard it must be to be a programmer at sansa. With all the requests and things to write the code debug and test, and then convert it, only to get bashed over and over because it dosnt read the mind of the user, even the littlest fix gets rough.

Ahhh that’s part of the job being a programmer. Writing the program is the easy part, dealing with users expectations is the cr*ppy part.

“What do you mean you created the program without a widget? I thought it was obvious so I didn’t mention it”

… News headline: Users body missing for 3 years turned up yesterday, it is expected the programmer will be charged.

@hazza wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:

Im sure they dont write it that way but thats the easy way to relate exaxctly how hard it must be to be a programmer at sansa. With all the requests and things to write the code debug and test, and then convert it, only to get bashed over and over because it dosnt read the mind of the user, even the littlest fix gets rough.


Ahhh that’s part of the job being a programmer. Writing the program is the easy part, dealing with users expectations is the cr*ppy part.

 

“What do you mean you created the program without a widget? I thought it was obvious so I didn’t mention it”

 

… News headline: Users body missing for 3 years turned up yesterday, it is expected the programmer will be charged.

First Happycow, I didnt mean to pick on you spesifically (Yours was the only name I remembered [I love the Signature]) It was meant as a general statement, if you spend anytime on here at all you see that so many suggestions are made and most people go “It should be so Easy” or “How hard could it be”. I am a student studying Graphic desigen for computer programs, and am learning binary and binary conversion right now and know it is really difficult, so I get a little upset when people say that, I know you didnt say it would be easy, but this is maybe the 4th thread with the same suggestion (Its hard to keep it all seperate). 

Hazza, This is why I quit my job as a programmer and am studying to do the artwork of it, I had one of those moments one day at work where i was like the guy from “office space” and lost it. I just thought somebody needed to say that nothing that they change in a firmwire is an “Easy Fix” and anything they add is probably like banging your head against the wall 

@happycow wrote:


@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Mmmm. Interesting.  When I hold the center button after selecting an artist, I just get a listing of all the songs in the player by that artist in my GoList.

 

Ah well…


We do not want it going in the go list. the only way i know of viewing all the songs under the artist is by selecting play all and then pressing the down button and then selecting back to list of songs. a lot of hassle to what could be done simply with a selection of view all songs or something like that.

I guess your idea of hassle and mine are totally different. The fuze does a lot for for the money.  I’m sure the feature you suggest is important to you, but are there enough other fuze owners that share your sentiment?  I can’t answer that.

I’m sure there are probably more owners interested in gapless playback more that this feature.

All I can say is that if Sandisk would do nothing more with the fuze as far as future improvements are concerned before a new model is introduced, I would be happy.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers…

didnt mean to start an argument… just new at the site and thought it was a good idea. sorry for the problems… i also went to school for video game design and im sure it is a lot easier programming a fuze than it is to program a video game. but thats just me… they may not have experience that i do in programming. but it may also be way different than a video game… who knows. all im saying is that i didnt mean to start a non ending keyboard war. im sorry again… i must not have looked in the forum hard enough to see if it was brought up before… my apologies.

HUSTLA816

A Monty Python moment?  "This is Abuse!!  I wanted an Argument!!"  Got to love John Cleese.

Oh, and on the programming line of thinking, it’s hard ware , soft ware , firm ware.

This is wire:

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 01-11-2009 09:45 AM

I would really enjoy the addition of wallpapers i love my fuze more than my zune but the thing i like about zune is the fact that they let you add personal toutches like wallpapers and i think that would be a nice addition to the fuze that would give users a chance to make the fuze their own even if the wallpaper only worked on the main menu it would still be a nice bit of personality.

@hustla816 wrote:

didnt mean to start an argument… just new at the site and thought it was a good idea. sorry for the problems… i also went to school for video game design and im sure it is a lot easier programming a fuze than it is to program a video game. but thats just me… they may not have experience that i do in programming. but it may also be way different than a video game… who knows. all im saying is that i didnt mean to start a non ending keyboard war. im sorry again… i must not have looked in the forum hard enough to see if it was brought up before… my apologies.

 

HUSTLA816

Sometimes arguments (This is not one) are a good thing because stuff gets resolved. Also If it wasnt for some spirited discussion what fun would we have? How many times can you answer duplicates like “Why wont my fuze turn on?” with “Did you charge the battery?” befor you go nuts? This is a great way to liven it up a bit. And I too am sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

@conversionbox wrote:


@hustla816 wrote:

didnt mean to start an argument… just new at the site and thought it was a good idea. sorry for the problems… i also went to school for video game design and im sure it is a lot easier programming a fuze than it is to program a video game. but thats just me… they may not have experience that i do in programming. but it may also be way different than a video game… who knows. all im saying is that i didnt mean to start a non ending keyboard war. im sorry again… i must not have looked in the forum hard enough to see if it was brought up before… my apologies.

 

HUSTLA816


Sometimes arguments (This is not one) are a good thing because stuff gets resolved. Also If it wasnt for some spirited discussion what fun would we have? How many times can you answer duplicates like “Why wont my fuze turn on?” with “Did you charge the battery?” befor you go nuts? This is a great way to liven it up a bit. And I too am sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

I like feather rufflers…:smileyvery-happy:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:


@conversionbox wrote:

 And I too am sorry if I ruffled any feathers.


I like feather rufflers…:smileyvery-happy:

ME TOO. My mom says I have that effect on people.

Maybe this is already possible, but I have not seen it yet so let me know if it is not there.

Play by folder browser. That is, instead of depending on ID3 tag information, simply show folders, and play by folder. My 2-3 year old Samsung T9 can do it. This allows you to play audiobooks that may not have ID3 information, or music, etc. without wondering who this Unknown Artist is… The T9 has a ‘browser’ where you traverse folders by folder name and play by file name. No ID3 tag info needed.

Allow up/down/left/right wheel presses to do the expected thing… I.e. to go down a list either use the wheel (as in now) or allow the use of the down arrow (i.e. the 6:00 oclock wheel position). Likewise up is 12:00 oclock position.