Fuse Update Hopes / Desires

After playing with my new fuse for a bit, I really like it, but would love to see a few things implemented in the firmware. Feel free to respond with changes you might like to see too.

1. An option for more than just the “Go List” playlist. Even a numbered succession would be an improvement (GoList 1, GoList2, etc), but custom named would be ultimate. 
  2. An option to add folders (artists, albums, etc) to the playlists. Perhaps similar to adding a song (press down on pad to access menu) ?
  3. An option to delete folders (accessed by same menu as above).
  4. I’d love to see more info on a track (ie: tag info, date loaded, times played, ranking, bitrate, codec, etc). Maybe add a “track info” selection under song options?
    But I would like to take a moment to say thank you for a great player. The UI seems very well thought out, and I am not sure who I need to thank for adding .ogg support, but they have been recently added to my “should be president of USA” list. Thanks for taking the time to read all these posts, and being willing to make changes suggested by the community. Two thumbs up in my opinion.

@nitroguy wrote:

After playing with my new fuse for a bit, I really like it, but would love to see a few things implemented in the firmware. Feel free to respond with changes you might like to see too.

1.) An option for more than just the “Go List” playlist. Even a numbered succession would be an improvement (GoList 1, GoList2, etc), but custom named would be ultimate. 

You can add as many playlists as you want. You just do it via your computer instead of on the player. Doing it on the fly is much more time-consuming anyway, so if you want multiple playlists it’s better to plan them out and create them on the computer; then just transfer them to the player.

2.) An option to add folders (artists, albums, etc) to the playlists. Perhaps similar to adding a song (press down on pad to access menu) ?

Already a feature introduced in the latest firmware release:

Enhancements
• Accelerating Scroll wheel speed during navigation
• File cursor position saved for last played file of each Audiobook
• GoList expanded to 200 tracks
• Add entire Artist or Album to GoList with press and hold during navigation
• Support Disc Number ID3 Tags for Sorting Multi Disc collections

3.)An option to delete folders (accessed by same menu as above).

You can delete a song at a time on the player, but this has been known to cause ‘freeze-ups’ so it’s better (especailly if you have a lot) to delete with your computer. 

4.) I’d love to see more info on a track (ie: tag info, date loaded, times played, ranking, bitrate, codec, etc). Maybe add a “track info” selection under song options?

Already in the works. Should see it sometime this year. :smiley:

Wow, thanks for the in-depth, quick reply!!

question: is the scroll-wheel acceleration an option to turn on? Mine doesn’t seem to do this (although I can add entire albums to playlist, so I know I have the newest - which, by the way, is very cool you could read my mind :slight_smile: )

Two more then:

1. Append songs (or artists or albums) to currently playing playlist
  2. (and this may be a hardware thing) GAPLESS! (or better yet: crossfading!)

The scroll wheel acceleration was added also in the last f/w update. If you turn it slow, it operates as it always has. But the faster & longer you turn it, the more it speeds up. You just have to figure out where to put on the brakes to slow it back down again.

But no, it’s ON all the time. It is not a ‘selectable’ option.

No, unfortunately there is no way to ‘append’ an existing GoList.

Gapless playback is also in the works. Don’t press your luck on ‘cross-fading’ though. :wink:

@nitroguy wrote:

Two more then:

1. Append songs (or artists or albums) to currently playing playlist
  2. (and this may be a hardware thing) GAPLESS! (or better yet: crossfading!)
  1. In a previous response one of the SanDisk dudes stated that the GoList is cached, you have to stop playing then start it again for the new songs to be played.
  2. Gapless has been requested and discussed countless times on this forum. It is in the works for the Fuze but it is almost impossible with MP3’s, the cause is the format, with music in the OGG-Vorbis format gapless play back is possible.
  3. You would already know all this is you had bothered to use the search function. Try it in the future, those storage electrons are expensive you know.

The acceleratrd scrolling is great. It’s not something I believe Ipods have (or atleast the one’s I have used that my friends own I have not noticed it on there). If you continue to scroll really fast and long it begins to go faster and it allows you to get through the list really quickly.

Kinda like this . . .

So, you’re saying there’s no way to append a song?

…sure would be a nice feature. 

@nitroguy wrote:

So, you’re saying there’s no way to append a song?

…sure would be a nice feature. 

Not in the way you are wanting. the Go List is the only way to kinda do it. but like was mentioned it is cached, and needs to be reloaded. I dont know if its possible the hard ware may not allow it.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-15-2009 11:51 PM

i put my 2 cents too…

mostly im missing naming radio stations, its really hard to switch between them if u have like 15 or 20 of them saved… u cant be sure what are u listening now

and that was even available in iRiver t50 which is like 3 or 4 years old mp3 player so i think it shouldnt be that hard implementing this feature…

@kelcior wrote:

i put my 2 cents too…

mostly im missing naming radio stations, its really hard to switch between them if u have like 15 or 20 of them saved… u cant be sure what are u listening now

and that was even available in iRiver t50 which is like 3 or 4 years old mp3 player so i think it shouldnt be that hard implementing this feature

So are you volunteering to do it? Or is that an un-informed opinion?

@hazza wrote:

@kelcior wrote:

i put my 2 cents too…

and that was even available in iRiver t50 which is like 3 or 4 years old mp3 player so i think it shouldnt be that hard implementing this feature

Maybe u dont know but the topic says “Fuse Update Hopes / Desires

Message Edited by kelcior on 01-16-2009 01:32 PM

@kelcior wrote:

i put my 2 cents too…

and that was even available in iRiver t50 which is like 3 or 4 years old mp3 player so i think it shouldnt be that hard implementing this feature…

If (as some players) the preset list is just a text file, then there are places you can download lists for other cities when

you travel.

GAPLESS and TRACK INFO

after that i will declare this thing the prefect DMP for AUDIO

there have been hints posted here by Sansa folk indicating me might see them

(hints, not promises)

i know lots of gripes about VIDEO but that’s not what i purchased it for, i’d get something with a bigger screen if i wanted portable video 

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
The acceleratrd scrolling is great. It’s not something I believe Ipods have (or atleast the one’s I have used that my friends own I have not noticed it on there).

No, iPods have had this for years (the one I bought in 2004 had it). You’re right - its an important feature! I can’t imagine why anyone would want it off, unless maybe they just don’t have much music to scroll through.

I didn’t know there was a commitment for the song info, so that’s good news!

Hi

I’m not sure if this feature is already available (I haven’t received my Fuse yet) but I read about it before. The capability of showing current song’s lyrics is in the last firmware update?

I stink as a singer, but I use that to improve my pronunciation (english and french)

No lyrics and no plans (that I know of) to add the feature. These little guys have very limited operating RAM, and that would tax it beyond it’s current capacity.

my older sansa had the year of the song in it

the fuze shud get that…

also be able to send ■■■■ wirelessy lol…

@emagon4523 wrote:

GAPLESS and TRACK INFO

after that i will declare this thing the prefect DMP for AUDIO

there have been hints posted here by Sansa folk indicating me might see them

(hints, not promises)

i know lots of gripes about VIDEO but that’s not what i purchased it for, i’d get something with a bigger screen if i wanted portable video 

But I want it to do my dishes and cook a hamburger while I’m listening to my music… That should be easy to do!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Seriously…Gapless isn’t a major issue with me, but if they would add it at some point, it would be nice.  If they deliver increased song capacity, and gapless playback, the fuze would be just about perfect for my needs…and even if there was no further development with the product, I wouldn’t complain too much…

@kelcior wrote:

@hazza wrote:

@kelcior wrote:

i put my 2 cents too…

Maybe u dont know but the topic says “Fuse Update Hopes / Desires

So is it a hope or desire that this feature is not that hard to implement?

I too wish that programming and adding features under such tight constraints would be “so easy” but alas it is not.

It’s fine for you to want the feature and express that desire, just don’t assume and state that it is really simple when you really have no idea.