Fuse Update Hopes / Desires

@hazza wrote:

@kelcior wrote:

@hazza wrote:

@kelcior wrote:

i put my 2 cents too…

mostly im missing naming radio stations, its really hard to switch between them if u have like 15 or 20 of them saved… u cant be sure what are u listening now

and that was even available in iRiver t50 which is like 3 or 4 years old mp3 player so i think it shouldnt be that hard implementing this feature

So are you volunteering to do it? Or is that an un-informed opinion?

Maybe u dont know but the topic says “Fuse Update Hopes / Desires

So is it a hope or desire that this feature is not that hard to implement?

I too wish that programming and adding features under such tight constraints would be “so easy” but alas it is not.

It’s fine for you to want the feature and express that desire, just don’t assume and state that it is really simple when you really have no idea.

So u worked about that things so u know is SO HARD to implement such a thing or you have no idea and u just dont believe in programming skills of Sansa developers?

I think what hazza is saying is that if u don’t know how to program or write code, then u don’t have any idea what it would take to do this; whether it would be difficult or ‘not so hard’. So if u don’t know, don’t imply that it would be easy. Not that your idea is bad; just don’t claim something you know nothing about. Know whereof u speak. :wink:

It usually doesn’t boil down to programming ‘skill’ per say, but many other factors such as demand for the feature, available resources to implement the feature like hardware & RAM considerations, and cost-effectiveness. Sure, it probably could be programmed in, but how long is it going to take and how many programmers are going to have to work on it. These skilled people don’t work for nothing, so it could cost SanDisk some major coinage to implement these features. Is it worth it to them when these same programmer(s) could be spending their time working on bug fixes, or developing new products instead?

Sure, it would be a nice thing to have and maybe we will see it sometime in the future, but there are probably many other things higher up on the priority list at the moment.

I think what hazza is saying is that if u don’t know how to program or write code, then u don’t have any idea what it would take to do this; whether it would be difficult or ‘not so hard’. So if u don’t know, don’t imply that it would be easy. Not that ur idea is bad; just don’t claim something u know nothing about. Know whereof u speak. :wink:

It usually doesn’t boil down to programming ‘skill’ per say, but many other factors such as demand for the feature, available resources to implement the feature like hardware & RAM considerations, and cost-effectiveness. Sure, it probably could be programmed in, but how long is it going to take and how many programmers are going to have to work on it. These skilled people don’t work for nothing, so it could cost SanDisk some major coinage to implement these features. Is it worth it to them when these same programmer(s) could be spending their time working on bug fixes, or developing new products instead?

Sure, it would be a nice thing to have and maybe we will see it sometime in the future, but there are probably many other things higher up on the priority list at the moment.

@kelcior wrote:

@hazza wrote:

@kelcior wrote:

@hazza wrote:

@kelcior wrote:

i put my 2 cents too…

mostly im missing naming radio stations, its really hard to switch between them if u have like 15 or 20 of them saved… u cant be sure what are u listening now

and that was even available in iRiver t50 which is like 3 or 4 years old mp3 player so i think it shouldnt be that hard implementing this feature

So are you volunteering to do it? Or is that an un-informed opinion?

Maybe u dont know but the topic says “Fuse Update Hopes / Desires

So is it a hope or desire that this feature is not that hard to implement?

I too wish that programming and adding features under such tight constraints would be “so easy” but alas it is not.

It’s fine for you to want the feature and express that desire, just don’t assume and state that it is really simple when you really have no idea.

So u worked about that things so u know is SO HARD to implement such a thing or you have no idea and u just dont believe in programming skills of Sansa developers?

Here let me add a little to this debate, possibly some closure. I am studying programming. Based on what I am able to desifer from the Firmwire, no additions are by any stretch of the imagination easy. Slight modifications may be “easy-ER” but is still a bit of work. I have nowhere near the experiance of Sansas programmers but, I know a few things. They are as follows:

1. The Fuze has a limited ram capacity, so all additions/modifications have to be very spesific and small, (Dont expect live audio editng capabiliy)

2. The Fuze is not the iRiver, iPod, Zune, Lyra, whatever,every player is different, every code is different, every players ram is different, so just because your iRiver did something does not mean your fuze can, tell me did your iRiver play Video, or Voice record? If you have a firmwire for it let me know I would love to compare.

3. Sitting on here aruguing is not gonna get anything done. So lets just all share our Ideas and not attack any of them.

Now Kelcior, I like the Idea of labeling but that may be a bit to much to ask right now. I have 35 raidio presets, I am able to remember them all by frequency. Granted I am a radio guy and if you gave me a badwidth or a signal wave interval I could probably id them too.  But try cutting your presets down a little if you have trouble remembering until some type of radio tagging is avalible.

gapless and folder browsing por favor

Here’s another:

When my Fuse is sitting on my desk and the song changes, it would be nice to know what it’s changing to. Currently the screen is nice and dark, and I can’t see anything.

Would it be possible to have the screen turn on for X seconds at the change of a song?

This isn’t something I’ve seen on a player yet (though I haven’t necesarily “looked” either) so I won’t comment on how hard it would be. But I’d like it.

Thanks again for even listening to us!!

Sounds like an awful waste of battery power to me. If you’re curious, just move the scroll wheel a bit to turn on the light.

Speaking of Hopes/Desires here are my 3 wishes:

1. Treat everything under Podcasts (AudioBooks) folder as a podcast (audiobook) even if MP3 Tags are not set appropriately. Half the podcasts are ending up under music. Besides when a podcast end’s up under music there is no option to play it fast which is real time saver.

2. Create top level menu selections for Podcasts and Audiobooks instead of selections under Music.

3. Add a fuze (user) initiated, manual USB connection mode. This would allow plugging the Fuze to PC for charging while still continuing to play music etc. The connection could be initiated by selecting a menu choice or pressing a few buttons (say pressing menu and center button simultanously for a few seconds).