Firmware Ideas

Hello,   I HATE the new firmware that came out in 12/12 for the sansa Fuze, Is there any1 that has it and could send it to me?  thanx,  What i dont like about it is when you are scrolling down a list, the player starts to skip songs in the menu.  i always endup skipping the songs i want to listen to, please send me the firmware, i contacted sandisk and apparently they dont have it… the firmware i want is “1.01.11” THANK You.

I don’t really see an idea here…

my idea is for sandisk to fix that problem with skipping through the menu…

Instead of reverting to an old Firmwire, slow down when you get close, others have had the same issue but by simply slowing your thumb down when you get close to the song you want it should work fine.

Yea thnx that helps but it’s a pain to keep slowing down, but thanks i tried and it works

That “skipping” while scrolling down the list is intentional and is called something like “accelerated scrolling”, which is a feature most people who were making suggestions (a few months ago) for firmware updates were making.  Otherwise, it was taking forever to go through the list when there were many items.

It’s like riding a bicycle.  Navigate to “songs”, the largest list.  A few different variable scroll rate schemes have been tried, and this one is based upon rotation rate and time of rotation.

If you liked the slower original rate, no worries, just be mellow on your rotation rate, and it will crawl along like it used to.

Try speeding up for a moment, and it will accelerate!  As you approach your desired letter, slow down or stop, and the rate will drop back down.  You can then roll right to your desired track.

Try it for a few minutes just for the fun of it.  The experience gained will be worth the effort.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

"Instead of reverting to an old Firmwire, slow down when you get close, others have had the same issue but by simply slowing your thumb down when you get close to the song you want it should work fine. "

You use your thumb to turn the scroll wheel? I was under the impression that most people use the index finger on their dominant hand to turn the wheel.

@jk98 wrote:

You use your thumb to turn the scroll wheel? I was under the impression that most people use the index finger on their dominant hand to turn the wheel.

Is that Sarcasm? Its hard on here some how with out intoneation and inflection in peoples voice

@jk98 wrote:

That just seems… awkward to me. The View is small enough to hold in one hand, with my thumb on the wheel. Using my index finger would require me to hold it in one hand and turn the wheel with the other (or a very painful contortion of the hand holding it).

@jk98 wrote:

As a matter of fact, I do:wink:

Edit: use my thumb, I mean…lol

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-05-2009 03:12 AM

I have a few minor suggestions for the next firmware update:

1. Internet Browser. It would be so nice to be able to wirelessly surf the internet and purchase music/check email/buy movie tickets/ect online with my music player. 

2. Video Camera. It would be fun to have a way to capture video and send it to people with the fuze. 

3. Touch Screen/motion sensors. How awesome would it be to be able to just touch the screen for all of your fuze interactions. Also, you could turn the fuze sideways and flip the videos into a full/widescreen format for easier viewing. 

Ok ok, I am just kidding, if I wanted all that I would have bought an iphone for an outrageous amount of money for a bunch of features I probably won’t ever fully utilize. 

Some REALISTIC firmware updates I would like to suggest:

1. Customizable sorting option for files on the fuze. When I put music on my fuze I just transfer it within its folder straight across using drag + drop. Yet somehow, the fuze would rather take all my music and re arrange it in an order it prefers, over what I prefer. 

2. Much wider support for video codecs. I know this has been talked about to death, but why not just include an array of codecs for playing video, and an option to look up the ideal resolution/fps/bitrate/audio/ect on the player.That way we can just look on the player to get the info regarding the supported file types and sizes, without having to go through all the trial and error, just to watch some videos. 

3. Fix the video foward/back/resume function. I dunno about you guys, but after I put video on my player, doesn’t matter the length, if I try to skip forward or rewind to see something I miss, the video crashes and says file not supported. If I turn my player off, or go between the menu and the vid, the audio stays the same, but the video stutters. It will stop and go indefinitely until I restart the vid. Then I can’t skip to where I was at, and have to watch it over again anyway. 

@jk98 wrote:

You should do a poll. You may be the only one. :smiley:

Another option for getting through a long list (like titles) is available on Rockbox, the “A-Z” option.  Scroll to the first letter of the title at just 1 line per letter, then click and scroll throgh just the songs starting with “L” (for example).  There was a similar scheme on my old Neuros. 

A firmware that creates an invisible force field around my Fuse that protects it from scratches and finger prints. Please consider. Thanks.

Turning the wheel with a thumb is interesting. I am a lefty and thought use with my left thumb would be easier than with my right thumb, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. The reason for this though seems to be that the wheel turns much smoother when I use my right thumb rather than my left thumb. This seems strange and I can’t explain it.

The round disk on the Clip that has the buttons on it is only slightly larger than the wheel on the Fuze. It seems like they may have been able to make the Clip with a scroll wheel, although I don’t know how extra circuitry is needed to support the wheel.

I am a righty but I broke my arm 2 years ago and as a working drummer and a guitarist I was forced to learn things lefty, making me practically equal right and left. I can turn the wheel lefty with my thumb I just go counter clockwise, where as with my right I go clockwise.

@bulletvalentine wrote:
Hello,   I HATE the new firmware that came out in 12/12 for the sansa Fuze, Is there any1 that has it and could send it to me?  thanx,  What i dont like about it is when you are scrolling down a list, the player starts to skip songs in the menu.  i always endup skipping the songs i want to listen to, please send me the firmware, i contacted sandisk and apparently they dont have it… the firmware i want is “1.01.11” THANK You.

As you’ve noticed in the replies, what you ae complaining about was added ‘by popular demand’ as a navigation enhancement.

However, if you cannot or do not desire to ‘get used to’ this feature, you can always revert back to the previous firmware version, as you have requested. Of course, by doing so, you will also be subject to the bugs that were also fixed in this release.

If you had simply typed the firmware version into the search box in the upper left of any page on this forum, you would have found it to be within the top 5 results here as I just did.

Hope this helps. :wink:

So I was thinking about play games on Sansa Fuze, because iPod also have scrolling and does Sansa Fuze.  So would be cool if playing games with Sansa Fuze? Orset Background picture?

Message Edited by Akvuski on 01-05-2009 07:25 PM

@akvuski wrote:

So I was thinking about play games on Sansa Fuze, because iPod also have scrolling and does Sansa Fuze.  So would be cool if playing games with Sansa Fuze? Orset Background picture?

If you want to play games, buy a NintendoDS, if you want to play videos get a portable DVD player. Geez, why not request GPS or Wi-Fi or a thousand of the things it was not designed for… IT’S A MUSIC PLAYER, PLAY MUSIC ON THE STUPID THING AND FORGET USING IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE!!!

Being able to set the background would be a good idea though.

I have a request for the next firmware, drop video playback. That’s right remove that as an option, then people will stop whining and moaning about how poor the Fuze does with video playback and use it for what it was designed to do.

Message Edited by hazza on 01-06-2009 04:12 PM