Major Fuze Issue

So I baught my MP3 a week ago, and then just now every time I turn on my MP3 It skips through all my songs by itself and when I click on play it freezes. Any solutions?

Do you have the latest firmware on your Fuze?

What type of songs do you have and what bitrate are they? 

Have you tried formatting your Fuze and re-installing the latest firmware? 

Just some food for thought…  I have 3 Fuze’s and if I connect the cable to the Fuze first then plug in the USB end to my computer ( any of 4 of my computers)  my units will randomly connect and disconnect… However if I connect the USB cable into the computer then connect the Fuze all is well… I know this is weird but it works for me… If you format the Fuze use the format command in the fuze to format the device… George

If you aren’t up to date on your firmware, update it, then come back and tell us if the problem still exists.

**bleep** When I try to update the firmware It got stuck at 10%. What should I do? I can’t stop it or disconnect the MP3.

@lilcalibur wrote:
So I baught my MP3 a week ago, and then just now every time I turn on my MP3 It skips through all my songs by itself and when I click on play it freezes. Any solutions?

Sounds like you have some major corruption issues going on. Where did you get your .mp3’s? I would format the player first; there’s a Format option in the Settings > System Settings menu, then take a good, hard look at those files.

Run ChkDsk on them and edit the ID3 tags with MP3Tag or some similar dedicated tagging program. Remove all crapola in the Comments field and set it to write ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tags.

Are you updating via the Sansa Updater? Do a manual update.