I’ve only managed to get one playlist working with this device.
- I have an AutoPlaylist in foobar2000 called “Top Rated”
- Saved that playlist as an M3U8 file (some tracks have non-ANSI characters in them)
- Opened in Notepad and replaced the full path names to relative ones (e.g. “C:\User\Music” became “MUSIC”)
- Placed the newly created file “toprated.m3u8” in the root of the Clip Zip drive
It worked! Alas, it was the only playlist that would work. I couldn’t add any more. I’ve tried:
- Renaming the playlist file extension to .m3u
- Changing the text encoding to ANSI or UTF8 (with and without the signature)
- Using Mp3Tag or Notepad to create playlist
- Placing the playlist files in various folders (notably the MUSIC folder)
- Reflashing and formatting the player
None of those options worked. Even stranger if I replaced contents of “toprated.m3u8” with the contents of a different playlist it disappear off the menu; but it’s duplicate “toprated2.m3u8” would instead show up.
Anyone have any insight? I rather not use WMP or the funky Explorer mode support for MTP mode and have two seperate libraries to keep this device synced.