Locking up when sd card is inserted

Hello everyone, I’ve been fighting with my fuze for a little while. I’ve researched all around the interwebs for answers and nothing seems to work.

First, let me mention to you that I have upgraded to the most recent firmware version.

Okay, I have a 4GB fuze and it works perfectly… until I put a SD card in it (Its a 16 GB). I’ve heard conflicting information as to whether or not it can even handle a 16gb card, so hopefully you guys can answer that one for me too. Anywho, when I put the card in and turn the Fuze on, it gets to the 4 color blocks in the loading process and locks up. I read about people having issues with the Fuze taking a long time to refresh, so I let it sit there… but and hour goes by and nothing happens. I’ve tried hooking the Fuze up to my computer first and then installing the card and all sorts of other ways and I get the same results. I doubled checked the SD card itself in my computer and it seems to be working fine.

Any thoughts? Maybe its as simple as the Fuze not being able to handle 16 gigs… but darn it, I have a lot of music! :smiley:

__
Oh, and I’ve been doing the soft resets when it locks up. If I try to put the card in while the Fuze is already on, it locks up immediately.

Thank you all in advance!

Message Edited by AddyMcQ on 02-09-2010 08:58 PM

AAACK! OH NO!!

Now my Fuze won’t load up at all- even without the SD card near it… ■■■■, ■■■■ ■■■■! My computer won’t even recognize it!! HELP!

What make is the card, out of interest? 16gb cards are usually fine.  I have one in my fuze too.

Format the card and try again - I wouldn’t recommend putting it in when the fuze is on.

Is your firmware up to date? I would also try formatting the device (as long as you have a backup of your music as the device will be wiped.

I would go along with summerlove's suggestion of formatting the card and re-loading the content. I’d probably just put on a couple album’s worth to try it out first though aftert the format.

I would go along with summerlove's suggestion of formatting the card and re-loading the content. I’d probably just put on a couple album’s worth to try it out first though after the format.