iXpand Drive is full; unable to free up space in it

Hi having trouble with my SanDisk iXpand 64GB Flash Drive for iPhone. I have already copied files from iPhone to the flash drive and then from the flash drive to my Mac. Then I deleted files and folders on the ixpand drive using Mac. However, the drive keeps saying ‘64 GB used of 64 GB’ - so it’s saying it’s full. If I try and save a file I get a message saying ‘iExpand drive is full - operation could not be completed’ Yet when I go to VIew Files on the drive there are no files there. So what’s taking up the 64GB? I want to free up the 64 GB space in the ixpand drive so that I can copy more files on to it from my iPad. But how to free up the space in the flash drive?

1 Like

Hi, I also had this this problem.
try reformating, if not working then it can be your system taking that much space, clean junk, caches using M cleaner app… Turn off log buffer if enabled, it creates text(txt) files which has system logs, radio logs, kernel logs, etc. Search for big files and delete them they are not obb files
Thanku

I had the same problem using a windows10 PC for Ixpand 3.0 the windows update tool did not work however I did save my original files including the Ixpand files. I reformatted my drive on my PC then returned the files I formerly saved IE the scandisk programs. when I connected to my iphone still showed full. I connected to my PC again clicked on the windows exec. tool in the flash drive and allowed the Private backup app to install and it updated the drive. I put it back on my phone, It still showed full I cleared the cache and Voila’ it was back to working properly. Repeated the process on 3 other drives with success. I felt that it was this type of problem because I have four, one that was a couple of years old the others less than a year, and they failed at the same time in November 2021. Due to the Holidays I put it off until I had allowed the warranty to expire. I don’t believe in coincidences and could not accept that four devices all failed at the same time. All four perform fine now.