iXpand Drive app eats space on iPhone

Hello dear everyone,

My wife’s phone has a strange problem with iXpand Drive application that I’m trying to solve. The app itself works fairly well, however, it takes up a LOT of space on the iPhone. Currently it shows up in iPhone Storage Overview as using 116,5 Mb for the app and whopping 21,9 Gb for “Documents & Data”. Could you please hint what could be the reason for this? Also, is it safe to just delete and reinstall the app?

Some additional details:

• The phone is iPhone 7, 128 Gb
  • The drive that is currently used is iXpand Flash Drive 3.0 32 Gb
  • Before this one there was another 64 Gb drive that has been since lost. If there is any chance to restore at least part of the photos that have been lost together with it from some internal iXpand Drive app cache, I’d be interested to know about that as well

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Does SanDsik support monitor any of these forums?  

My SanDisk iXpand is ALSO using several Gb of data … on the iPhone … hmm, i bought this belessed thing to ‘EXPAND’ my iPhone’s limited 32Gb … not for the SanDisk iXpand to USE the internal iPhone storage (except for the app itself) …

Why is this app so stupid that it has to store ‘data’ on the phone and not just put the ‘data’ on the iXpand external drive?  

Andybody have any ideas - or … does SanDisk need to modify their app so it does NOT do this ???   

HELP!

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. My phone says I have over 30 gb storage, but when I want to transfer from flash drive to phone it says I have only 3 gb storage left.??? 

I can’t believe no one else is having the same problem, even more that no one seems to want to help…

This information is very useful. Thanks for explaining this to me.

Premier League, Spanish La Liga UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Bundesliga,European football news, European Football Results, All League Football Table Updates Latest score table Siamsportnews

I’m noticing the same issue.
I also have an iPhone 7Plus, 128gb.
I bought the iXpand 3.0 128gb.
And I’m noticing that the app is taking up more and more storage as I copy photos over to the flash drive and delete them from my phone.
I thought the idea of the drive was to help regain all of this storage space, not just swap it to the iXpand app.
SanDisk hasn’t been responsive. It’s like crickets.

3 Likes

Hello!
I’m having the same issue. I have an iPhone 6s and the sanDisk app takes up a lot of storage space for “Documents and Data”. The reason to buy this thing is to free up storage space not to use even more…

SanDisk support could you please comment on this? Or anyone who could solve this issue? =)
Thank you!

3 Likes

I agree. This is completely ridiculous. By creating an extra copy under the app’s data on my phone, it completely negates the reason why I purchased the drive in the first place. At least give us a way to clear the gigantic cache (gigabytes!) of redundant “data” your app copies.

SanDisk, you need to address this. I paid for a premium product and this is a VERY basic flaw. Extremely poor design.

3 Likes

Same thing. Totally ridiculous that Sandisk’s ignoring it. But there’s also lots of other issues. I’ve collected them all in one post here: Sandisk iXpand is a total scam!

Please, support and share it. If you have something to add, feel free to comment it there. Thank you!

3 Likes

Has anyone tried deleting app and then reloading? Will the photos on the flash be accessible?

Delete app from phone and reload from iTunes Store.