Is there any way to get album art on ogg vorbis files?

I know that you cannot embed album art on vorbis formats but I hear that there is a way to get them to display on media players?

@d_headshot wrote:
I know that you cannot embed album art on vorbis formats but I hear that there is a way to get them to display on media players?

Ogg Vorbis does indeed support embedded album art, you just have to find a tag program that utilizes it.  I use tag & rename if I feel if I have to embed the art.  Most times, however, I just use the folder.jpg method with my album cover art.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

Ogg Vorbis does indeed support embedded album art, you just have to find a tag program that utilizes it.  I use tag & rename if I feel if I have to embed the art.  Most times, however, I just use the folder.jpg method with my album cover art.

I use MP3tag and I hope it has that feature :wink:

@d_headshot wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

Sorry…but embedded cover art is NOT fully supported with Mp3Tag.  It may sometimes work, but most often it doesn’t, because the methodology used  for embedding ogg vorbis files is different than for mp3.

folder.jpg is the most reliable, efficient and easilly maintained album art method for all the supported codecs.  Embedded art is probably more convienient if you move your files around a lot, but is not as reliable or efficient.  And it’s more trouble if you ever change/edit the album art file.  For example, I have large album art on my computer library, but on the Fuze I resize it all down to 120x120.  With folder.jpg, I can do this with a simple automated script.  With embedded art it’s more complicated.

@d_headshot wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

Media Monkey Does a Pertty Godd job of this. It will also Sync the Files to the player, and extract the artwork to a folder.jpg so it will work every time on your player.

@conversionbox wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

Media Monkey Does a Pertty Godd job of this. It will also Sync the Files to the player, and extract the artwork to a folder.jpg so it will work every time on your player.

That’s why there is more than one program to do a task.  I love tag & rename and can get everything tagged in short order.  I for one, cannot stand Media Monkey.  I dislike that program almost as much as WMP.  But, that’s me.  Everyone can choose what works for them.

I like how With MM I can do all tracks on an album with one step and then in the same stroke of the mouse I can sync to my player, and It will extract the album art to a folder.jpg, and I dont have to do a thing really. It would have been a ton easier to know this going in bacause I also used media monkey to convert my files to ogg.

Okay I tried several times and the folder.jpg thing doesn’t work at all for any album.

did you go to tools> options> Portable/Audio Devices> Select your fuze in the list> Click Configure>Select the Device Configuration Tab> And then Make sure the Check box next to “Sync All Album Art to Track Folder” Is checked, and that the drop down menu next to it says folder.jpg

As I posted in another thread, we currently have a bug with certain embedded album art formats. Media Monkey doesn’t trigger the bug however.

For those that can’t stand MM, Tag & Rename creates proper embedded ogg vorbis files as well… at least on my 2 fuzes.

Is that in mtp mode because I use use msc mode and I don’t want 100 duplicates haha.

I have 467 ogg vorbis songs and all of em have album art :smiley:. Just get the album art resize is to the right size(I don’t know what that is, but I heard 120 by 120 works nicely.)and drag em into your album folder and rename em albumart.jpg. I use photoshop to edit the album art and resize them, but I’m sure there’s other freeware programs that can do the same :D. or if u really want to I guess you ocan use a trial ver of photshop O_o?

@greed wrote:
I have 467 ogg vorbis songs and all of em have album art :smiley:. Just get the album art resize is to the right size(I don’t know what that is, but I heard 120 by 120 works nicely.)and drag em into your album folder and rename em albumart.jpg. I use photoshop to edit the album art and resize them, but I’m sure there’s other freeware programs that can do the same :D. or if u really want to I guess you ocan use a trial ver of photshop O_o?

Gimp is a good Freeware. You can get it here. This method wont work for me, 90,000 different images to be resized would take years.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-11-2009 03:55 PM

@greed wrote:

Point taken, but the original poster was asking about embedded album art, where the art is part of the sound file itself.  But, I tend to agree with your view.  It seems like a lot of folks are spending a ton of time and energy worrying about embedded album art when the folder.jpg method works so elegantly.

Speaking of resizing album art… I can’t remember when or where on this board this was posted; but it is a nice freeware little utility that will resize .jpg’s into smaller “thumbnails” (size of your choice).  It will work with single files or in batch mode and works very nicely.  I, too, used to use photoshop to resize my photos and that is like swatting a fly with a 20 lb. sledgehammer…:smileyvery-happy:

If anyone is interested here is the link for Easy Thumbnails

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 02-11-2009 01:03 PM

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@greed wrote:

Point taken, but the original poster was asking about embedded album art, where the art is part of the sound file itself.  But, I tend to agree with your view.  It seems like a lot of folks are spending a ton of time and energy worrying about embedded album art when the folder.jpg method works so elegantly.

Speaking of resizing album art… I can’t remember when or where on this board this was posted; but it is a nice freeware little utility that will resize .jpg’s into smaller “thumbnails” (size of your choice).  It will work with single files or in batch mode and works very nicely.  I, too, used to use photoshop to resize my photos and that is like swatting a fly with a 20 lb. sledgehammer…:smileyvery-happy:

I’m spending a ton of time and energy worrying about embedded album art because the folder.jpg doesn’t work.

@d_headshot wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@greed wrote:

I’m spending a ton of time and energy worrying about embedded album art because the folder.jpg doesn’t work.

Can you give us some specifics as what procedure you are using to try to get the folder.jpg file to display on the fuze?  The folder.jpg method has never failed me…ever.  And in theory should be less problematic than any embedded file.