Interesting problem, please help!

Alright, i’ve tried looking through the older posts and they don’t have anything that’s like my problem. Here we go:

After i plug my Sansa Connect into the computer, it works fine and everything. I go to put some of my videos on it, and the first couple of them work. Then the 3rd and 4th video, when i try to load them onto it, a message pops up and says “Cannot copy *video name*: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.”, and gives me the options “Skip”, “Skip All”, and “Cancel”.

The player hasn’t stopped responding because i can still load other videos and songs onto it, just not those two. I’ve disconnected it and reconnected it several times, tried restarting my computer and all that. The two specific videos are the same file type as the rest of them, and i have videos that are both bigger and smaller than the two.

Any ideas anyone?

Please help!

Message Edited by bam191 on 06-01-2010 09:27 PM

Also, there are three other videos that i have that don’t have any sound when i play them on the player. I’ve tested them on the computer, i’ve tested them when they were on the player from the computer, and they have sound then. But when i try to play them directly on the player, they don’t have sound.

Please help! :frowning:

bam191 wrote:

Alright, i’ve tried looking through the older posts and they don’t have anything that’s like my problem. Here we go:

After i plug my Sansa Connect into the computer, it works fine and everything. I go to put some of my videos on it, and the first couple of them work. Then the 3rd and 4th video, when i try to load them onto it, a message pops up and says “Cannot copy *video name*: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.”, and gives me the options “Skip”, “Skip All”, and “Cancel”.

The player hasn’t stopped responding because i can still load other videos and songs onto it, just not those two. I’ve disconnected it and reconnected it several times, tried restarting my computer and all that. The two specific videos are the same file type as the rest of them, and i have videos that are both bigger and smaller than the two.

In all your tests, have you always attempted to load the two videos as the 3rd and 4th in sequence?  What happens if you try to load them first?

bam191 wrote:

Also, there are three other videos that i have that don’t have any sound when i play them on the player. I’ve tested them on the computer, i’ve tested them when they were on the player from the computer, and they have sound then. But when i try to play them directly on the player, they don’t have sound.

Please help! :frowning:

The Connect only supports a limited set of audio codecs in videos.  I’m not sure what the full set is, but I know the following audio settings will work in videos:

Format                           : AAC
Bit rate                         : 192 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 48.0 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz 

@promisedplanet wrote:

In all your tests, have you always attempted to load the two videos as the 3rd and 4th in sequence?  What happens if you try to load them first?

Yes, i’ve tried loading them first, last, in the middle, all that. It always pops up when it gets to them.

@promisedplanet wrote:

The Connect only supports a limited set of audio codecs in videos.  I’m not sure what the full set is, but I know the following audio settings will work in videos:

Format                           : AAC
Bit rate                         : 192 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 48.0 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz 

I’m not sure the problem is in the settings, as i used the same converter and the same settings for all of my videos, and only these three don’t work. I’ll try reconverting them and i’ll say what happens.

EDIT: I’ve attempted reconverting them with settings you said and unfortunately they still don’t play sound :frowning:

Message Edited by bam191 on 06-02-2010 12:23 PM

bam191 wrote:

PromisedPlanet wrote:

Yes, i’ve tried loading them first, last, in the middle, all that. It always pops up when it gets to them.

You may want to look at the video and audio settings in the videos, compare them and see if there’s anything different about those two.

@promisedplanet wrote:

@bam191 wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

You may want to look at the video and audio settings in the videos, compare them and see if there’s anything different about those two.

I just looked through them now, and all of the encoding settings are identical. As i said earlier i converted them all with the same program at the same time with the same settings, so its not really surprising that they are the same.

i appreciate the ideas though, please keep trying :frowning:

Ah, sorry.  Maybe there’s some sequence of data in those videos that’s causing the transfer to mistakenly abort … maybe a problem with MTP.  The only other thing I can think to try, besides modifying the contents/formats of those two videos in some way, would be to use Windows Explorer to copy the videos onto a microSDHC card, then put the card in the player and see if it can play them.  If there’s an MTP problem, this will bypass it.

bam191 wrote:

Any ideas anyone?

Here’s one that hasn’t been mentioned or suggested. Since the problem obviously lies with these 2 particular files, have you tried converting them again? You have compared all the specs and they are the same. You converted them with the same software program and along with others that play fine but, what if some un-explained, random glitch/error/hic-cup/sneeze/whatever happened during the conversion process on just these 2 files?

Every once in a while, I run across a music file that for no apparent reason has a stutter, distortion or blank spot in it. There is no reason for it; it was ripped with EAC and no errors were listed, all the other tracks from that album are perfectly fine, the CD was in pristine condition (no scratches, etc.), but somehow an error got into this particular track.

It was just a bad rip, that’s all. Occasionally it happens. I’d try converting these videos again if you haven’t already, and see if by chance the new ones work.

bam191 wrote:

The player hasn't stopped responding because i can still load other videos and songs onto it, just not those two. I've disconnected it and reconnected it several times, tried restarting my computer and all that. The two specific videos are the same file type as the rest of them, and i have videos that are both bigger and smaller than the two.

Any ideas anyone?

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned or suggested. Since the problem obviously lies with these 2 particular files, have you tried converting them again? You have compared all the specs and they are the same. You converted them with the same software program and along with others that play fine but, what if some un-explained, random glitch, error, hic-cup, sneeze, or whatever happened during the conversion process on just these 2 files?

Every once in a while, I run across a music file that for no apparent reason has a stutter, distortion or blank spot in it. There is no reason for it; it was ripped with EAC and no errors were listed, all the other tracks from that album are perfectly fine, the CD was in pristine condition (no scratches, etc.), but somehow an error got into this particular track.

It was just a bad rip, that's all. Occasionally it happens. I'd try converting these videos again if you haven't already, and see if by chance the new ones work.

thanks for the tip, i’ll try it out and see if it works, will post again with any results