Installing a micro SD, by a complete newbie

Hi, i have never installed a micro Sd in my life.  I have a sansa Clip+4GB and a Sandisk 8GB micro SD class 4.

Firstly what way does it go in, writing up or metal strips up?

Secondly I gather I need to download some software as there is a password and web address in the package.  Do I need to install the micro SD first then connect to the pc (Windows 7) and go to the website or is the software only for the pc and the clip does not need to be connected.

Thirdly if I install audiobooks on the micro SD will they bookmark as they do in internal memory?

Sorry too sound so ignorant but I am a complete newbie to mp3 players and to micro SD’s

@jenbes wrote:

Hi, i have never installed a micro Sd in my life.  I have a sansa Clip+4GB and a Sandisk 8GB micro SD class 4.

Firstly what way does it go in, writing up or metal strips up?

@jenbes wrote:

Secondly I gather I need to download some software as there is a password and web address in the package. 

No, there is no software needed.

@jenbes wrote:

Thirdly if I install audiobooks on the micro SD will they bookmark as they do in internal memory?

As long as they are tagged correctly (ID3 tags) and placed in the Audio Books folder on the card just as they need to be in the internal memory.

Thankyou so much. Learning curve going up!!!

HEY, it worked perfectly, thanks so much!

There might be issues though with placing protected content on card memory. If you have both protected and unprotected content, it is best to use the internal memory for protected content, and use card memory for unprotected content. Even with unprotected content though, placing content transferrred to the player in MTP mode on card memory can at times cause problems.