I have a need for a SD card which will boot once per day (read only). And write once per month (4kb). The temperature is 60 degC. Can a regular sandisk SD card do the trick or do I need an Industrial card?
@bwinters_inducto Consumer Retail cards should not be used in non-consumer environments. An Industrial Card would suit your needs.
Have you checked our knowledge base articles?
( Get Support for Your SSDs and Flash Products | Sandisk )
Try this one.
If a consumer grade card couldn’t cope with that minimalist workload, then I wouldn’t use it for consumer workloads, let alone industrial workloads. An SD card in a dashcam on a daily drive to the office would work a thousand times harder than that.
You can probably use a regular SanDisk card since your write activity is extremely low. The bigger concern is the 60°C temperature. For reliable long term operation, I would choose an industrial rated card because it is designed for higher temperatures and continuous use.