I snyc it to my device but it doesn't show up???

I did a sync from my windows media player(same one I have been using) and after it is complete I disconnect it and itt doesn not show up on my device.  Anyone know why?

Thanks

Are the files you transferred a supported format, and do they have complete (and the correct version) ID3 tags?

As far as I know it is.  I ripped a cd onto my work computer, sync’d it to my uSD card, downloaded it to my computer and tried to sync it to my device.  After I tried to sync it to my device from my home computer only one song out of the 10 would show up or play???

If you used Windows Media player on your work computer to rip the CD, it might have been set to the default (unless you changed it) of ripping ‘protected’ .wma format. This imparts DRM-crippling to the file, so you can’t be copying it around to different locations and devices.

In Windows Explorer, find the files and hover your mouse ober them. You should get a little pop-up bubble that lists the file info. You can also right-click on it and select Properties. Are they .mp3 or .wma? And at what bit-rate?

If you used Windows Media player on your work computer to rip the CD, it might have been set to the default (unless you changed it) of ripping 'protected' .wma format. This imparts DRM-crippling to the file, preventing you from copying it around to different locations and devices.

In Windows Explorer, find the files and hover your mouse over them. You should get a little pop-up bubble that lists the file info. You can also right-click on it and select Properties. Are they .mp3 or .wma? And at what bit-rate?

It says WMA format, 128kpbs, protected “no”.

I have ripped cds to this computer before and then transfered it to my device and then to my home computer. It has only done this when the memory reached the external memory.  I had problems trying to do this and I posted another thread on my problem, it was…

I have a Snadisk Fuze and I added a 8GB microSD card to it.  I can get music onto the S card but when I try to trancfer it to my windows media player, the media player will not even see the tracks that are on the external memory slot.  When I bring it up with Rhapsody I can see the tracks that are on the uSD but it will not give me the option to add those songs to my library.

Any help out there?

Thanks

The reply I got was…

Settings/System Settings/USB Mode. Change it to MSC. Look in Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer) for Removable Disk and you should find the files. Drag-and-drop them.

This worked but I had to send the files to my cd/dvd drive for them to stay in the media player, before I did this they would be lost when I unplugged the device.  

Not sure where it is getting botched up???

FYI for anyone that might have the same problem…

My computer at work has Windows Media Player 11 and my home computer “had” Windows Media Player 9…once I switched my home player to Media 11 it fixed itself.