I have deleted whole content of sansa

It was accident. I thought it was different folder… doesn’t matter. 

I don’t have any file on it.

How to load any firmware? 

The firmware is protected behind a hidden partition. There is no way you could have erased it. You might have deleted all the “user-added content” but the firmware is safe.

after turning on the sansa on the screen is

“loading firmware, file not found”

Is/was Rockbox involved in this scenario?

You also might try reapplying the latest firmware onto the player–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of this forum for the firmware and instructions.

@miikerman wrote:
You also might try reapplying the latest firmware onto the player–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of this forum for the firmware and instructions.

Which is what he will have to do if in fact he had Rockbox installed and then deleted the rockbox folder. The RB bootloader is still “patched” into the original firmware, and upon start-up is looking for that. On not finding it, it gives that error msg.

He will have to hold the back button while powering it up to boot into the original firmware, then re-apply a fresh copy of the firmware to overwrite the Rockbox-patched one. That (if this is indeed the case) will solve his problem.

Thank you for your further comments.

Hey Tapeworm!

I am having the exact same problem. But unfortunately I could not understand your solution completely…

Can you explain more how to do that?

Yes I first installed rockbox, then I formatted the whole content, and when I try to install the original firmware again, I failed.

@zangocyan wrote:

Hey Tapeworm!

I am having the exact same problem. But unfortunately I could not understand your solution completely…

Can you explain more how to do that?

Yes I first installed rockbox, then I formatted the whole content, and when I try to install the original firmware again, I failed.

Well, I’ll try . . .

When you install Rockbox, it “modifies” the original firmware so you will have the “dual-boot” capability. That is, normally when you press the power button, it will boot into Rockbox. If you want to boot into the OF (original firmware), you must hold the REW button while pressing the power button.

So now, you have decided you don’t like Rockbox and want to un-install it. You can either use the Rockbox Utility to do it, or just simply delete the .rockbox folder. Except it’s not quite that simple. While you’ve deleted all reference to Rockbox on the drive, your original firmware is still “modified” with the dual-bootloader.

So when you now turn on your player by just pressing the power button, this boot-loader is expecting to boot into Rockbox. Because you have deleted Rockbox, it cannot find it and therefore gives you this error message.

What you have to do is boot into the OF (by holding the REW button while pressing the power button) and plug into your computer. Or just hold the REW button while plugging into your computer with the player off.

Now you have to manually re-install a fresh copy of the OF, which will over-write the Rockbox-modified one on your player. It’s a good idea to have a copy of the firmware somewhere on your computer anyway, just in case you need it and this site is down, or you can’t otherwise download a new copy of it.

But if you don’t that’s OK, just download a new copy. Make sure your player is in MSC mode. It should be already as Rockbox only works in MSC mode, Extract the .zip file to somewhere like your Desktop so it will be easy to find, and then drag & drop the resulting .bin file into your player’s root (or topmost) directory. This is where you will see the folders Music, Recordings, Audio Books, Podcasts and the like. Don’t drop the file into any of these folders, but alongside them.

Then, it’s just a matter of unplugging your player. The screen should display a message along the lines of “Firmware update in progress” or something similar. The player will then shut off after a couple seconds. Re-start the player (by just pressing the power button this time) and it will ask you to select a Language and Region.

Finito! Rockbox is out of sight in the rear-view mirror and you’re good to go!

Hope this helps you out. :smiley: