I have a fustrating problem

About two days ago my sansa express wouldn’t turn on, it would only display the sandisk logo and then turn off. I held the + button and the select button for god knows how long, I installed the firmware software but it said i needed to “get it out of MTP mod”…The only problem is that it won’t turn on. And it isn’t recognized by my computer (windows XP). I realy don’t know what to do. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

@stinkmeaner2 wrote:

About two days ago my sansa express wouldn’t turn on, it would only display the sandisk logo and then turn off. I held the + button and the select button for god knows how long, I installed the firmware software but it said i needed to “get it out of MTP mod”…The only problem is that it won’t turn on. And it isn’t recognized by my computer (windows XP). I realy don’t know what to do. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

If the Sansa Firmware Updater program doesn’t work, try manually loading the firmware following the instructions in the attached thread.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1143

That thread helped until I had to hold down the - button, look this is ridiculous is their anyone that knows of a program that can make my computer read MTP devices? Its a Windows XP SP2/ 2.40GHz/ 2.00 GB. The MP3 is a Sansa Express.

Thanks in advance. 

Message Edited by Stinkmeaner2 on 08-14-2008 10:36 PM