I can not install windows 7 on Sandisk Extreme 120gb

Hello I just bought a new Sandisk Extreme 120gb sata3 ssd.But i can’t install windows 7 on it and also cannot update firmware to the latest.My laptop is Acer 4830tg,i installed the latest bios and updated SSD to the latest firmware on another pc.I can see SSD on bios but windows install doesnt see SSD.any suggestions?

Try putting the ssd in another computer and partion it to it’s default size then remove the ssd and put it back in your computer and make sure that it is main boot drive in the bios even disconnect all other harddrives then try re-installing windows.

Hope it works for you…

Try using Diskpart it will fix the issue

To use the Diskpart.exe utility to clean the hard disk, follow these steps:

1. Insert the DVD into the DVD drive.
  2. On the disk selection screen, press SHIFT+F10. A Command Prompt window opens.
  3. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.
  4. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.
  5. Type sel disk number, and then press ENTER. number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.
  6. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.
  7. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.
  8. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the diskpart tool.
  9. Close the Command Prompt window.
  10. Click the Refresh button to update the disk selection screen. This step lists the disk.
  11. Run Windows Setup to perform a clean installation of Windows.

I had same problem. 

I had windows on a USB but I also did a DVD. When starting install from USB only. I couldänt format the disk. But with DVD inside i could. So I did format the SDD but no for its original size. I took some % off and then installer automatically created system < 2GB, a 4GB for “somethin”. But after that install continued as it should had in the first place