How frequently has SanDisk published firmware updates for its other players?

It seems to me the Clip+ has a few bugs that could be fixed via a firmware update. So I’m wondering how often I should check for a firmware update – how frequently has SanDisk published firmware updates for its other players?

Is there a better way to get alerted if a firmware update is released?

turnstyle wrote:

It seems to me the Clip+ has a few bugs that could be fixed via a firmware update. So I’m wondering how often I should check for a firmware update – how frequently has SanDisk published firmware updates for its other players?

Is there a better way to get alerted if a firmware update is released?

I know I just answered this question the other day…but I don’t recall if it was in this forum or another one.:dizzy_face:

I had my Sansas from September '08 through September '09,  and at first, it was every 3 or 4 months, for the Clip and Fuze. Then the Clip updates stopped, which we found out later was because they were working on the Clip+.  They appear to have stopped for the Clip altogether, but that’s another story.

As far as the Clip+, the short answer is, nobody knows when they will update it. Your best bet is to avoid the “Updater” program, and simply check in here from time to time to find out when an update is available.