How do I manually upgrade my Sansa Express?

I have downloaded/installed the Sandisk upgrade software  but nothing happens when I insert the Sansa Express (SA) in the USB. According to the upgrade software I should put the player into MSC mode but as far as I know it is not possible with the Express.

The installed version in my one (bought in Sweden/Europe) is 01.01.01E2.

So, questions:

1. What is the latest firmware for Europe? 

2. How do I manually upgrade the Express?

3. Does the Sandisk upgrade software really works with Express in MTP mode?

If newer version for Europe is available I want that version. But… the most important is to manually upgrade the firmware to US version (with radio). How??

BR

Fredrik

@wessen wrote:

I have downloaded/installed the Sandisk upgrade software  but nothing happens when I insert the Sansa Express (SA) in the USB. According to the upgrade software I should put the player into MSC mode but as far as I know it is not possible with the Express.

The installed version in my one (bought in Sweden/Europe) is 01.01.01E2.

So, questions:

1. What is the latest firmware for Europe? 
  1. How do I manually upgrade the Express?
  1. Does the Sandisk upgrade software really works with Express in MTP mode?

If newer version for Europe is available I want that version. But… the most important is to manually upgrade the firmware to US version (with radio). How??

BR

Fredrik

I don’t know the answers to your questions 1 & 2, but I have used the Sansa Firmware Updater program with my Express with the player in MTP mode. Check if you have the latest program, attached is a link to the Sandisk website.

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376

In the sticky threads of this forum is a thread showing how to manually load the Americas firmware. I have not seen options for firmware for other regions. You can check with Sandisk Technical Service if this firmware is suitable for loading on your player.