Hi, I had a sanza fuze and i updated the firmware on here. - HELLLLPPP!!!

It had a radio when i bought it…never used it tho but when i went to sell it on ebay i listed it as having one. However when the buyer recieved the player it wasnt on there. Now they want a refund which im ok with but where the hell did the radio go. Was it something to do with the firmware update?

Its a european 8gb Model if thats any use?

If someone could point me in the direction of a download that will put this back on the player that would be great.

thanks

@suporghy wrote:

It had a radio when i bought it…never used it tho but when i went to sell it on ebay i listed it as having one. However when the buyer recieved the player it wasnt on there. Now they want a refund which im ok with but where the hell did the radio go. Was it something to do with the firmware update?

Its a european 8gb Model if thats any use?

If someone could point me in the direction of a download that will put this back on the player that would be great.

thanks

Tell the buyer to reinstall the firmware and then change the region to theirs. It may be that the radio signal is different where they are, so changing the region may help. 

What firmware version did you have on it when you sold it? If I remember correctly (& I don’t always), it was only recently that the firmware updates encompassed ‘All Regions’. Prior to that, there were different versions for different geographical locations. And Europe had 2 versions; one with FM and one without. Something about license fees in certain countries within Europe. If you downloaded the wrong version firmware update, you could have effectively removed the FM capabilities.

I believe though, that now that there is only 1 version of update CB is probably right in suggesting your buyer (or you if he returns it) reloads the firmwre, then selects the appropriate ‘region’ for the FM to be visible and available in the player’s menu.

thanks for the replys…well when i bought it it had the radio on it and im from  the uk, i updated the firmware on here and as i dont use the radio i didnt notice it had gone. Ive searched for the firmware i need but cannot find the correct one. Could some one point me in direction (link me to) the correct one i need :slight_smile: thanks

Firmware update instructions

Direct link to latest all-region firmware

well i downloaded the update ( the .bin file) and put it on the root of the Fuze. Unplugged it, and its done nothing :S hellpp :frowning:

Time for a quick test.  Turn on your Fuze, and go to Settings > System Settings > Info.  Read the top line of the display.  This is your installed firmware version.  Note that there are two device “families” for the Sansa Fuze, a revision 1 and revision 2.

You must install the correct version for your device, based upon the first two digits of your operating firmware.

The player will not accept a firmware binary for the wrong revision.

If you connect again, open the root directory of the Sansa.  If you see the bin file still there, it was not accepted.  Simply delete that file, and then drag and drop the other revision file in its place.  Note that the installed firmware is hidden in the Fuze’s reserved partition, so deleting this file will not hurt your player. 

Additionally, if the bin file is the correct version, and it was not accepted, the file may still be squeezed / compressed / deflated / zipped.  Unzip / extract this binary before placing it in the root directory.

When you unplug, “firmware upgrade in progress” should display on the Sansa.

µsansa

yh but theres only 2 versions and its ‘allregions’ I have the 01.02.26 one and it deleted radio but when i put the 02.02.26.bin on the root of the sanza it does nothing :S. this is so confusing.

No… you need the newest firmware that starts 01.xx.xx you have a V1 fuze. 

You have downloaded a firmware for another type of Fuze (This is for version 2 and you have a version 1 - a slightly different processor inside - It is a good thing it didn’t work)

Download this one (all regions):

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/fuze/fuze01.02.26.zip

Message Edited by Etoja on 05-30-2009 08:09 AM