help with micro sd

i have an 8gb Fuze and a 2gb micro sd card. i want to try and keep some videos on the sd card and keep my music on my player, so i was wondering (because i have no clue) how i would get my videos onto my card. i have an adapter, but some people say it doesnt matter since i can just plug the card into the Fuze. help?

1. Put the card into the Fuze.
  2. Turn on the Fuze.
  3. Plug Fuze into your computer.
  4. Open a Windows Explorer pane (Press Windows key between Ctrl & Alt on your keyboard + ‘E’ key at same time).
  5. Navigate to your player’s internal memory (in MTP mode) or your player’s drive (In MSC mode) and find the videos you want to move.
  6. Open another Explore pane and navigate to your external memory or card’s drive letter.
  7. Position the 2 Explore panes side by side.
  8. Drag videos from player’s memory (one pane) & drop in card’s memory (other pane).
  9. Done.
  10. Good job. Pat yourself on the back.

Easy-Peasy! :smiley:

1. Put the card into the Fuze.
  2. Turn on the Fuze.
  3. Plug Fuze into your computer.
  4. Open a Windows Explorer pane (Press Windows key between Ctrl & Alt on your keyboard + ‘E’ key at same time).
  5. Navigate to your player’s internal memory (in MTP mode) or your player’s drive (in MSC mode) and find the videos you want to move.
  6. Open another Explorer pane and navigate to your external memory or card’s drive letter.
  7. Position the 2 Explore panes side by side.
  8. Drag videos from player’s memory (one pane) & drop in card’s memory (other pane).
  9. Done.
  10. Good job. Pat yourself on the back.

Easy-Peasy! :smiley:

That’s assuming you have some on your internal flash, of course. If you have no videos, get the Sansa Media Converter (link is on the main Fuze forum) and install it. It will show the flash card in the top left as one of the places to put the video.

Getting the videos into a format that SMC can recognize may be another added step, but you should be able to do some searches for SMC and find some discussion about that. You may need to do a conversion prior to using SMC.

@bdb wrote:

That’s assuming you have some on your internal flash, of course. If you have no videos, get the Sansa Media Converter (link is on the main Fuze forum) and install it. It will show the flash card in the top left as one of the places to put the video.

Getting the videos into a format that SMC can recognize may be another added step, but you should be able to do some searches for SMC and find some discussion about that. You may need to do a conversion prior to using SMC.

Good catch, bdb. Shame on me for assuming that the OP already had the videos on the player and all they wanted to do was transfer them to the card. Guess I should read more carefully. :wink:

It’s a whole different ball-game if they are attempting to convert & install the videos on the card in the 1st place. There are plenty of threads & techniques discussed both here and in the SMC board to help with that. :smiley:

@bdb wrote:

Good catch, bdb. Shame on me for assuming that the OP already had the videos on the player and all they wanted to do was transfer them to the card. Guess I should read more carefully. :wink:

It’s a whole different ball-game if they are attempting to convert & install the videos on the card in the 1st place. There are plenty of threads & techniques discussed both here and in the SMC board to help with that. :smiley: