HELP!!! Which one should i get the View or the Fuze? Reply quick Please

Please reply quickly.

Ok I want a mp3 player that is good for video and some songs(mostly for the video but i still like to listen to my tunes.

I have searched and researched  and i finally found 2 mp3 players fit for my needs. The sansa view, and the sansa fuze. But i Dont know what to choose. Remember it has to be good for video and songs.

Thanks and i really appreciate ur reply  :smiley:

The View ■■■■■ all around, whereas the Fuze only ■■■■■ at video. :wink:

Fuze

If video is really the most important thing, you might want to look at other brands.

The Fuze is a good little music player, but video gives people trouble. All video has to be converted to the one format the Fuze will accept–it’s not going to just play your movies/clips.

I dont see how its that bad because a friend lent me his view for a day and it has no problems, But…

Which brand do you guys reccommend under $90?

Message Edited by sansafinder on 08-29-2009 12:22 PM

@sansafinder wrote:

I dont see how its that bad because a friend lent me his view for a day and it has no problems, But…

Which brand do you guys reccommend under $90?

Message Edited by sansafinder on 08-29-2009 12:22 PM

Remember where you are…This is a Sandisk forum…

Your question reminds me of the fella who walks into a McDonalds and asks the person behind the counter…“Where can I get a good hamburger?”

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 08-29-2009 03:28 PM

sorry about that i forgot. i really like sandisk despite what others say.

@sansafinder wrote:

Spend some time perusing the View board and see how many people are delighted with their choice.

Ive seen u around so its easy to know that u hate the view but some people like it. and im always satisfied with any piece of electronic but we are getting off topic here.

Who here is actually going to give me information about the view/fuze instead of saying they hate the view because remember video and music is important to me.

Message Edited by sansafinder on 08-29-2009 01:01 PM

Tapeworm’s pretty expert on this stuff, giving advice that should generally be heeded. 

Is there a certain kind of video you plan to use most often?  There are all kinds of different video formats: flv, wmv, mov, avi, vob and on and on.

I suggest you borrow your friend’s View again and try to transfer your particular kind of video on to it. If it works, happiness all around. If it doesn’t, well, then look around the View board to see how other people have dealt with that  video format and see if you can get good results. 

I never use my Fuze for video, so I can’t advise you on it or other video players. But I do see persistent complaints here on the Fuze board that sound and image get out of sync, that transferring is a pain, etc.

It seems like you’re looking for an affirmative answer when people are trying to tell you honestly that there are problems.  You may have to spend more than $90, or be content with partial satisfaction. 

@sansafinder wrote:

Ive seen u around so its easy to know that u hate the view but some people like it. and im always satisfied with any piece of electronic but we are getting off topic here.

Who here is actually going to give me information about the view/fuze instead of saying they hate the view because remember video and music is important to me.

Contrary to what you may percieve, I don’t ‘hate the View’. You asked for opinions on the View & the Fuze and that is what you’ve been getting. That is not off-topic.

I’m simply suggesting that you do research on your own. Read the posts by people who actually own this model and disgest what they have to say in order to form your own carefully considered opinion. I think you’ll find an overwhelming concensus that the View is a marvelous peice of equipment designed primarily for viewing videos. It does play music too, but not nearly as well as the Fuze. It just wasn’t buillt to those standards. The biggest & most-shared complaint by those in a position to know is that the problems that plague the View could be easily fixed with firmware updates. Something SanDisk has decided not to do for reasons only known to them.

Who is actually going to give you information? It’s already here. In the View board. Which is why I linked to it for you. Where else would you find the most accuarate knowledge available?

If you’re looking for an alternative that will fit your needs, specifications, or wants more than either the Fuze or View, let me suggest the anythingbutipod forums. There’s a separate board for just about any player on the market there (well, except for you-know-what). Truly 1 stop shopping! :smiley:

@sansafinder wrote:

Contrary to what you may perceive, I don’t ‘hate the View’. You asked for opinions on the View & the Fuze and that is what you’ve been getting. That is not off-topic.

I’m simply suggesting that you do research on your own. Read the posts by people who actually own this model and digest what they have to say in order to form your own carefully considered opinion. I think you’ll find an overwhelming consensus that the View is a marvelous piece of equipment designed primarily for viewing videos. It does play music too, but not nearly as well as the Fuze. It just wasn’t built to those standards. The biggest & most-shared complaint by those in a position to know is that the problems that plague the View could be easily fixed with firmware updates. Something SanDisk has decided not to do for reasons only known to them.

Who is actually going to give you information? It’s already here. In the View board. Which is why I linked to it for you. Where else would you find the most accurate knowledge available?

If you’re looking for an alternative that will fit your needs, specifications, or wants more than either the Fuze or View, let me suggest the anythingbutipod forums. There’s a separate board for just about any player on the market there (well, except for you-know-what). Truly 1 stop shopping! :smiley:

Sorry about the misunderstanding everyone. I thought everyone just hates the view, but somtimes it truly works. Tapeworm thanks for the information.

Again i apologize for the misunderstanding :neutral_face:

Please keep posting messages i checked the forum but i’m not finding the information i want so i posted a message instead                                                                    

Also i posted the same thing on the view board so please try posting information there                                                     Sansafinder

And uh can everybody just tell me which one i should get that has good video and sound cause i need to make my choice in a week.

PS: it sounds like i hate the fuze even though i like it  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by sansafinder on 08-29-2009 04:41 PM

I think the response by thecaptainzap to your identical query in the View board pretty much spells it out:

@thecaptainzap wrote:

As far as the View goes: read any three random posts to this forum, and you will  see that Sansa has stopped providing firmware updates while a number of glaring holes in the software still exist. The users in this forum are not happy, and my guess is that, were you to buy a View, you would be unhappy as well.

I think the response by thecaptainzap to your identical query in the View board pretty much spells it out:

@thecaptainzap wrote:

As far as the View goes: read any three random posts to this forum, and you will  see that Sansa has stopped providing firmware updates while a number of glaring holes in the software still exist. The users in this forum are not happy, and my guess is that, were you to buy a View, you would be unhappy as well.

But take it for what it’s worth and do what you want. Good Luck in your search. :smiley:

@thecaptainzap wrote:

But take it for what it’s worth and do what you want. Good Luck in your search. :smiley:

ok now i’m really confused. the view supports my needs but people say it’s bad. after one more person replies to this thread i’m just going to get it see how it is and if it’s bad i’ll return it painlessly through Amazon. Is Everybody happy with what i decided?

Hope i made the right decision. thanks everyone stay tuned i’ll update my thread once i get the view each day with my expirience:manhappy:

Keep posting on my thread and thanks again.

Message Edited by sansafinder on 08-29-2009 07:13 PM

@sansafinder wrote:

Is Everybody happy with what i decided?

The most important question is, “Are You happy with what you’ve decided?”

What any (or every) body thinks of your decision doesn’t matter in the least. If you’re happy, then I’m thrilled to death! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks tapeworm !:smiley:

Im happy with what i have decided! :smiley:

Lets start up a conversation about somthing while we wait. or else we are gonna be bored. can u tell me how to gain ranks? I want to be a sansa guru :wink:

Message Edited by sansafinder on 08-29-2009 07:22 PM

I have both, and the Fuze is just so much better - no glaring bugs, Sound Quality is just amazing, the Form Factor, and the Build Quality (slightly).

If Rockbox comes out for the View(Check out the GSoC Project), which, I admit, is very unlikely, then the competition is more even, even though the Fuze has way better SQ, then they actually compete, but without that they’re not even in the same league, the Fuze works, the View doesn’t.

By the way, don’t blame SanDisk for the buggy firmware and the non-existent updates, it is a situation beyond their control.