HELP! Sansa Clip Plus would not turn on!?

So my Sansa Clip Plus wouldn’t turn on ever since I downloaded some songs that made the screen frozen. When I try playing the songs the screen would suddenly go frozen. I tried holding the power button for 20 seconds and it would turn back on but go frozen again. It would work some days. Then one day it wouldn’t turn on when it was already charged.When I connect it to my PC it recognizes it but it still wont turn on. So then I left it alone for a week or 2 and tried turning it back on and it worked but it had low battery. I quickly charged it into my PC until it was fully charged. Finally it worked but when I skipped through the songs it would pause a little and suddenly it just shut down on me. I tried turning it back on but it wouldn’t work. I charged it to my computer still wouldn’t turn on but the PC recognizes it. I decided to delete all my songs (109 songs). And still wouldn’t turn on.Oh and I dropped my mp3 like 3x in the past.

HELP PLEASE!!! :robotsad:

There’s some glitch there.  I would try turning it on again and then formatting the player under its settings. 

Sansa clip clip would not turn on.  Attempts to charge made no difference

@deanna wrote:

Sansa clip clip would not turn on.  Attempts to charge made no difference

If you want help, you’re going to have to give more information.

Such as:

Is this a Clip (original) or Clip+?

Is this a new unit that’s dead out of the box, or have you had it a while and this is a new/recent issue?

How long did you try to charge it? From a computer or wall charger?

If on a computer, were you using a laptop? Was the laptop plugged in to AC power at the time?

If using a desktop, did you try differnt USB ports? The ones in back generally work best.

Have you tried resetting it?

Have you tried formating it?

Have you tried re-installing the firmware?

Giving more information than needed is better than not enough. And simply saying “it doesn’t work” is not enough. :wink:

The only way I can get it to turn on is to charge the battery.

Great–do that then, and while still connected, I’d try updating the firmware, as noted above, and see if that helps.

Great–do that then, and while still connected, I’d try reapplying the firmware and see if that helps–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum.

@skllaw wrote:

The only way I can get it to turn on is to charge the battery.

If it seems to operate normally when plugged into the computer, but then shuts off when you disconnect it and you have one of the original Clips, it may be the battery lead wire(s) have come loose. Many of the original Clips had this issue with faulty solder joints on the battery connections.

es nuevo y lo alimente y el dia que lo encendi ya no pude bloqueado despues sssalio unos audifonos

My sansa clip plus will not turn on, what can I do?

The unit is not new, how do I reset the unit?

@dennisconley wrote:

The unit is not new, how do I reset the unit?

_ Press and hold _ the power button for 20-30 seconds. Release, then press the power button again momentarily to start it up.