Great Product

Hi, I’ve had my 2gb clip since November of 2007, and I’d just like to say, that despite a few buggy firmware upgrades, I’ve had NO problems with this player. I don’t think theres anywhere I go without my clip. It’s survived the elements from the beach in summer to mid winter in Minnesota, and still it works like new. I don’t know if anyone else has had as good an experience as I have had with the clip, but I’ve grown quite fond of it, and it will hurt when it eventually dies. So to SanDisk, I say, Thank You!

I have also been a tad surprised at how fond I have become of this endearingly small and surprisingly competent little unit…

A user-replaceable battery would appear to be the only obvious specification improvement that does not currently look that likely to be delivered in the near future, though your experience indicates that if adequate battery quality control is maintained the effective general functionality of the unit is likely to be regarded as broadly acceptable, but I still maintain that this apparently “niche” product deserves to be regarded as rather more than an ultimately “disposable” item…

Though I have minimal interest in pictures or video I will probably also purchase a Fuze, to take advantage of the similar audio quality, the larger battery’s greater playing-time between charges, and expandable memory via the microhcsd card slot, which would offer obvious benefits to enthusiast of “classical” or other music who similarly finds MP3 renditions of such music to be not only unsatisfactory but profoundly irritating, and who opts for larger FLAC, .wav files for replay of their music…

The desirability of user-replaceable batteries naturally applies for both players, though… :smiley:

I agree that Sansa should be congratulated on bringing audio players to market that not only pleasantly and comfortably exceed routine musical expectations for portable units, but do so at very pocket-friendly prices…

IMO if Sansa incorporated replaceable batteries in their units, the market dominance of the (less musically competent and over-priced) iPod would be significantly undermined, so “Go To It, Sansa!!”… :smiley:  

Message Edited by Latteman on 03-12-2009 04:24 AM

i think part of the reason people love these so much is that time was put into actually useful features vs nothing except super-sleek design that we’ve come to expect from apple’s junk. The $50 pricetag for 8gb player WITH A SCREEN doesn’t hurt either :slight_smile: