Incredible Sound!

Hello all.  First, let me say how grateful I am to have a community like this for users of the Clip.  It’s been very helpful to me.  I took my Clip along on a trip this weekend, and used a Phillips tape adapter to listen to it.  I have a fifteen year-old car with a not so great stereo system, and the Clip sounded absolutely amazing played through it.  It made my speaker-wonky stereo sound like a $10,000 system!  I really couldn’t get over it.  I was happy about getting the Clip before, but after this weekend, I truly know it was now worth it.  Just thought I’d share that.

Thanks,

Brad

It is definitely nice to hear that someone actually uses the clip to listen to music without complaining about what the clip “doesn’t have” or “doesn’t do” or “my battery only last’s 12 hrs and 59 seconds” or some other BS!  I just listened to a couple of songs from Ana Popovic “live in Amstedam” and was in another world!

To all Clip owners “Rip music and start enjoying your clip!”

Gruß from Germany

David

Amen, brother, amen.  After nothing but terrible experiences with my previous MP3 players, the Clip has been a real pleasure.  I heard sounds and nuances in my mp3s (128 kbps) that I’ve never heard before, and I’ve had these songs for years!

Thanks again.

Brad

I think in the young life of this product, I may be an “old timer.” I got my first clip last October or so. Liked it good enough…except the volume was too low when playing through a cassette adaptor like you described. And some other irksome things about listening to sauibooks and podcasts. Liked it but had my disgruntlements.

But now I have absolutely no complaints. None.  My family members are avid audiobook listeners while in the car and now we have three Clips amongst ourselves.

For my 100% satisfaction, I want to appaud the excellent series of firmware updates that have been applued to the Clip over the past 8 months or so. Not only have they fixed problems, they have added terrific features.

Actually, my satisfaction is probably 150%. My Clip sat in a puddle of condensation from a nearby class of ice water, and then failed to turn on. I found an excellent site that showed me how to dismantle the Clip without damaging it. I dried it out for a couple of days covered with rice (for water absorption), re-assembled it, and it has operated perfectly since then.

The Sansa Clip is one tough little machine. It puts out a wonderful sound, can’t be touched for portability, and is priced quite reasonably.

SanDisk has done some very cool things with the firmware on this platform too!

I have a whole handful of 'em.

Bob :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 07-15-2008 06:12 PM

These are great stories.  I appreciate everyone replying to this thread.  I’m glad that this forum and its members are helpful, but sometimes it’s just great to hear a little good news in regards to the Clip!

Ill pass this on the the team.  Thanks!

-SansaFix 

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Amen, brother, amen.  After nothing but terrible experiences with my previous MP3 players, the Clip has been a real pleasure.  I heard sounds and nuances in my mp3s (128 kbps) that I’ve never heard before, and I’ve had these songs for years!

Thanks again.

Brad

I want to second that. In a couple of songs I heard with the clip sounds that I didn’t hear before. The Clip is really a little wonder, and it deserves much more than the 2~3% of positive posts that we can find here. But we all know what forums are mainly for: complaining.

Luckily we have the review sites (anythingbutipod, cnet, among others) making justice as they have only said good things about the Clip.

Thanks, Sansa people!

@porio wrote:

I want to second that. In a couple of songs I heard with the clip sounds that I didn’t hear before. The Clip is really a little wonder, and it deserves much more than the 2~3% of positive posts that we can find here. But we all know what forums are mainly for: complaining.

Luckily we have the review sites (anythingbutipod, cnet, among others) making justice as they have only said good things about the Clip.

Thanks, Sansa people!

porio,

That’s great.  I had two RCA Lyras that weren’t bad, but they didn’t sound anywhere as good as my Clip.  As for more positive posts, here’s hoping they continue.  I know I will!

Brad

I am still waiting for my Plus Sansa Clip 2 gb player to arrive. Bought it after reading a test in a local technical magazine (Finland) where they compared Sansa Clip with Apple iPod Shuffle and Creative Zen Stone. Sansa Clip had best audio quality: the output level of Sansa was straight with all tested levels/frequencies whereas iPOD and Creative had some drops in the curve.

Message Edited by Hko on 07-22-2008 11:58 PM

HELLO I JUST RECIEVED MY SANDISK  !GB CLIP today i won it anyways i am hearing impaired and have an ipod nano-another win well i tried the clip player wow i can hear  so well better than the ipod even the fm radio is great i am charging it up to add some tunes only complaint so far is the USB cord is so short especially using it on a desktop so far so good

@sue14625 wrote:
HELLO I JUST RECIEVED MY SANDISK  !GB CLIP today i won it anyways i am hearing impaired and have an ipod nano-another win well i tried the clip player wow i can hear  so well better than the ipod even the fm radio is great i am charging it up to add some tunes only complaint so far is the USB cord is so short especially using it on a desktop so far so good

That is so wonderful to know!  I’m glad you’re enjoying your new Clip and it’s amazing sound.  As for the USB cable, it is extremely short.  However, you can find a variety of longer USB cables on the Internet.  Just make sure you get one with a mini-B connector so it can plug it into your Clip.

Enjoy!

Brad

Hey guys,

I found these headphones at Office Depot over the past weekend on clearance for just twelve bucks.

They are Acoustic Authority (now called Cyber Acoustics) ACM-800 Noise Canceling Stereo Headphones, and usually sell for anywhere from $30 to $45.

I was truly blown away by how great these headphones sound with my 4GB Sansa Clip. They use just one AAA battery for noise canceling, and that feature works amazingly well. They even make my brother’s 5.5 gen Video iPod sound better than it should.

I took a few pics of my now disproportionate portable set-up:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ChironHeroTeacher/DSCF0004.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ChironHeroTeacher/DSCF0005-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ChironHeroTeacher/DSCF0007-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ChironHeroTeacher/DSCF0012.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ChironHeroTeacher/DSCF0014-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ChironHeroTeacher/DSCF0016.jpg

Thanks,

Brad

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 08-11-2008 12:45 PM

I agree it has pretty good sound but my laptop sounds better… is this expected? I don’t know a lot about mp3 players sound quality so don’t flame.

Shame about the bad equalizer as well, but luckily I made a much better Custom eq for rock music!

@davidk wrote:

It is definitely nice to hear that someone actually uses the clip to listen to music without complaining about what the clip “doesn’t have” or “doesn’t do” or “my battery only last’s 12 hrs and 59 seconds” or some other BS!  I just listened to a couple of songs from Ana Popovic “live in Amstedam” and was in another world!

To all Clip owners “Rip music and start enjoying your clip!”

Gruß from Germany

David

Totally agree, the clip has an awesome decoder. Great quality.

Still if you look at the glass half full, I would say that most people “complaining” here on this forum are just as happy. The only difference being they are passionate enough to put forward thoughtful suggestions and ideas as well as the occasional rant with the hope of elevating the product even further. From a marketing perspective this forum is a goldmine. Sansa gets to see what makes its most dedicated customers tick, what they want and how they can meet those needs. A great opportunity indeed.

I say cheers for the Sansa and hooray for the next fully loaded firmware!

Wolfsdale.

I have had my clip for almost 6 months now!  I have not had any problems at all that I can complain about.  This player is one of the best inventions in mp3 players I have seen, and for the money what more do you expect from something to play music anywhere you want at anytime!  Ya, a clip with more room and a place for a sd card that would be cool.  The clip is worth the money and the time! As far as the sound goes I think it is AWESOME!  For such a small player, Invest in some good quality headphones and let your player ROCK!  For those who are complaining, throw the thing away and go do something else.

Message Edited by sjstoeffler on 08-11-2008 11:39 PM

Imagine when it supports FLAC. LossLess Audio is gonna make my music way better than it is by 3x or more.:smiley: Close to CD quality.:wink:

The worst thing about the Clip: Since owning one, I am no longer satisfied with my home stereo/car stereo!!!

The sound quality of this thing will spoil you!!! 

For me, the worst thing was realizing how crappy my earbuds are!!

Paired with a UM1, the sound quality is so much better than my panasonic mp3 player. I’m re-discovering my music, and hearing things I didnt hear before haha

I registered myself in this forum specifically to say how good the clip’s sound quality is!

Now, if sandisk comes up with another mp3 with a larger storage and battery life and the same excellent sound quality, I’d grab that up immediately.