G-raid shuttle 4 unable to setup - please help

No where can I find any info/manual/etc. on how to setup my SANDISK G-RAID SHUTTLE 4 using the installed G-RAID SOFTWARE UTILITY. I would like to change the RAID 5 (pre-installed) configuration to RAID 10.

The Wizard section of the program is all ghosted out and there is a message that states that there are No Physical drives available to configure.

Why is there no step by step manual with this utility?

Please help!

1 Like

Hi @sundovepro,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I’m sure this question has been answered by now, but in case anyone else needs help, the user manual for the G-RAID Shuttle 4 is here: https://downloads.wdc.com/sdp/docs/um-graidshuttle.pdf
To change the RAID configuration, you must first delete the current logical drive. Once you do that, you can use the Wizard in Advanced mode to enter the parameters for a new array.
There’s a good step-by-step tutorial on the page linked below, under the heading G-Tech’s easy steps to changing your RAID. The drive used in the example is a G Speed Shuttle, so the software UI is a teensy bit different, but the steps are basically the same.
G-Technology : RAID types and how to change them | ESV Magazine
Hope this helps!

solution
To solve this problem, the organization hosting the secure website can purchase a certificate for each web server from an external provider. Alternatively, the organization can install a Microsoft Enterprise CA in the Active Directory forest. The organization can then use this certificate authority to create a certificate for each web server.

Note Users on client computers that do not belong to the organization’s Active Directory forest can visit the CA website to download the certificate.

solution
To work around this problem, install the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Windows SBS) self-signed certificate on the client computer. To do this, follow these steps:

In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red address bar and a confirmation warning appear.
Click the confirmation error button to open the information window.
צימרים בצפון
Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.