Fuze not playing certain songs appears that they are no longer there

I went to use my Fuze today and I selected a song and it came up and showed in paused mode and then skipped to the next song and continued this until it eventually played a song. If I connect it to the computer and delete one of the songs that had a problem it stills shows up on the Fuze, reconnect to the pc but it doesn’t show there. I also noticed that I went from about 2 gig free space to over 3 gig free space. It appears like some information was lost along the line. How can I straighten this out.

@dkleckner wrote:
I went to use my Fuze today and I selected a song and it came up and showed in paused mode and then skipped to the next song and continued this until it eventually played a song. If I connect it to the computer and delete one of the songs that had a problem it stills shows up on the Fuze, reconnect to the pc but it doesn’t show there. I also noticed that I went from about 2 gig free space to over 3 gig free space. It appears like some information was lost along the line. How can I straighten this out.

I am not sure of the best solution,  but one that should always work with an issue like this, is to format, and copy the files back to your Fuze.  I’m thinking something is corrupt, either the songs, the Fuze’s Database, or something else on the Fuze.     Also check your firmware revision, and see if you are running the latest.  But try one thing at a time.    If you continue to have issues.   Re-install the firmware onto the Fuze, there are instructions on the forum for doing this.   

Also if you have the skills you may want to scan the music files with an appropriate program that checks the integrity.   There are some for mp3 files, such as: Checkmate MP3 checker, Ashampoo music studio,  Ashampoo mp3check converter, mpTrim Pro, and mp3Checker.    I can’t tell you a specific one to use,   I have used more than one.   Most check the mp3 header , frames , checksum(if used), and tags for the appropriate format and contents.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

The problem with seeing the files from the computer could very well be the USB mode used when the files were copied to the Fuze.    Files copied in MSC mode will not be seen when the Fuze is connected in MTP mode,  and viceversa.

@dkleckner wrote:

Try going into the fuze on the computer and deleting the mtable.sys

This will delete your database file. And when you disconnect the fuze and restart it will rebuild that file (This could take a Long time). If this does not help you may be stuck formatting.