fuze frozen and not working

hi

i’ve got some bad issues with my sansa fuze :frowning:

its the second one, which isnt working verry well :frowning: (the first hatd a big issue too… when i pressed  any anything the screen got off)

now my fuze gets often frozen…

first it was al ready on, so that the battery was used and shuted the fuze down (after ca 20 or 24 h)

then i could reload the player and all worked normal…

now it shows a white screen with some yellow and red pixles… it turns off, so that i cant make the same like befor… 

i updated it… 

i format it

i reset it (up to 30 seconds…)

but nothing worked… what should i do??#

please help me

mfg Zian

PS im german and my english is not verry well… hope you’ll understand

@zian wrote:

hi

i’ve got some bad issues with my sansa fuze :frowning:

its the second one, which isnt working verry well :frowning: (the first hatd a big issue too… when i pressed  any anything the screen got off)

now my fuze gets often frozen…

first it was al ready on, so that the battery was used and shuted the fuze down (after ca 20 or 24 h)

then i could reload the player and all worked normal…

now it shows a white screen with some yellow and red pixles… it turns off, so that i cant make the same like befor… 

i updated it… 

i format it

i reset it (up to 30 seconds…)

but nothing worked… what should i do??#

please help me

mfg Zian

PS im german and my english is not verry well… hope you’ll understand

Sounds lie you got one this time with a broken screen. I would try and return it or contact SanDisk.

it worked for some time… then it got frozen…

the german support only sad, i sould update the firm ware… id did, but now, i cant update anything :frowning:

if i send it back, i get my third sansa fuze…

it semmes for me not like a good produkt…

a frind has the same player and his works without problems…

What concerns me is the dots you said you have. If you just had a plain white screen then that is an easier thing to approach, but with the dots it makes things different, and more dificult. I would keep checking your thread and not do anything else until tomorrow and see if others have any Ideas

Very odd.  You’re either extremely unlucky (since you managed to get your hands on two defective Fuzes) or there’s some other problem that we’re missing.

It really sounds like a hardware problem, meaning that you should get a replacement from SanDisk.  It’s very unfortunate that this is the second time you have a problem with a Fuze but I really can’t think of anything else (you’ve pretty much tried everything you could; firmware update, reset and format) .  Third time’s the charm, right?

I realize that you said you formatted the player already, but when you did that did you put your songs back on the player?

Could it be possible that a file you are putting on the player is  corrupting it?  I somehow doubt it but maybe?  Plug it into your computer, format it again, reinstall the latest firmware (download a fresh copy in case the previous one was corrupted), don’t put anything on it, unplug the Fuze from the computer and see if that changes anything.  If that doesn’t change anything I’d say it’s most definitely a hardware problem.  So you’ll need a new Fuze.

i did nothingwith it…

no file from my own is corrupting, because nothing is on the fuze… (after the farmatation)

and what shuld i write to get a new fuze?? what helps me?

Write Exactly what you told us. That this is your second Fuze and both have been defective, and tell them what the screen looks like, and if you can include some pictures of it with the screen visible. they will tell you what they need.

thank you for the quickly helf *happy*

How do you fix a Fuze with a plain white screen? cause mine is like that.

I recently got my fuze and was happy with it until a few minutes ago when it froze like yours did.

White screen and nothing works.

This happened after the battery died in use, then I plugged it into my PC to recharge and rebooted the pc during the charge process.

I read on anoter thread to hold the power switch in the off position for 15sec for a soft shut down.

That worked, and now all is well again, charging properly etc.

Hope this works for you.