Fuze equalizer

Hi to all,

the equalizer on my Fuze is not working as I expect a equalizer to work. When I increase the very left slider just by 1, it is not like the low frequencies are getting louder, but the whole volume is going down and the midrange frequencies are lowered. This is kind of behavior is actually similar for all sliders, what makes this EQ for me almost useless. I mean if I just change one frequency by 1db that should not change other frequencies and give me a completely different sound.

Is this a problem with my Fuze or does anyone else has this behavior?

Frank

Its the same for everyone and I think it’s the way a good eq should work.

From what I understand, when you activate the custom eq, the volume is actually decreased for every frequency range. The frequencies for which you set a positive value will less be attenuated than others set to 0 and much less attenuated than frequencies for which you have chosen a negative value.

I believe the purpose of this is to avoid additionnal clipping (if the music you listen to already has clearly audible clipping) you might get if you increase some frequencies.

Just increase a little the volume of your fuze to get exactly what you want.

@tom_tom wrote:

I believe the purpose of this is to avoid additionnal clipping (if the music you listen to already has clearly audible clipping) you might get if you increase some frequencies.

Just increase a little the volume of your fuze to get exactly what you want.

This sounds reasonable for an EQ in such a device, but I did some tests with white noise and an analyzer and if I increase the bass by 1db the whole volume is decreased by 3db, on the other hand, if I decrease the base by 1db the volume is as well decreased by 3 db whats makes no sense at all in this case.

Frank

With equalizer enabled, additional headroom is reserved so that when boosting frequencies (say + 9 on low or high sliders) clipping  (signal saturation) does not occur.  This is why the apparent volume drops with a small adjustment to the EQ.  Hope that explains this effect to you.

That makes sense, thanks sansafix