Fuze volume too loud with Etymotic ER-4s

I just picked up a 8GB Fuze today and am really impressed with the size. I hooked up my ER-4s (in-ear 'phones) and put the volume on the lowest setting. It is too loud. Am I missing an option in here somewhere? I have volume set to ‘Normal’ in the system settings. It would be a little inconvenient to have to break out my headphone amp just to decrease the volume :wink:

Thanks!

I forgot to point out in my previous post that I am using the lastest firmware - 01.01.22.

A work around is to go to the custom equalizer and pull all the sliders down to the bottom,  giving additional attenuation but keeping flat frequency response.

You must be blessed with ‘bionic’ ears or those earphones must be very low resistance or very high sensitivity. The majority of users wish there were a way of increasing the volume and invest in a headphone amp. Can’t you just turn the volume down with the scroll wheel?

Phones that seal in your ear canal may be a bit more sensitive than the typical model.

Sansafix, I’ll play around with the equalizer and post back with my results. Thanks.

@tapeworm wrote:

You must be blessed with ‘bionic’ ears or those earphones must be very low resistance or very high sensitivity. The majority of users wish there were a way of increasing the volume and invest in a headphone amp. Can’t you just turn the volume down with the scroll wheel?

But Tapeworm, I’m the Six Million Dollar Man!

The scroll wheel volume is one notch above muted. They are high sensitivity - http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4-ts.aspx. No, they don’t really cost that much :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by Lobster on 01-06-2009 04:11 PM

Creating a Custom EQ and setting all levels to -12 made things a lot better. Now I have some range of adjustment at least. I can’t bring myself to take the volume over 50%, though it does depend on the song’s “loudness”.