FM recording with Sansa Fuze 8GB

I was able to record a little over 22 hours–7.++GB of FM with the internal memory.  It does not write to the micro SD card but with 22 hours plus of recording time, why would you need any more capacity.  The soud quality is great and if you wish you can compress the files later with the windows recorder.  My aim to record FM is I attend assemblies broadcast in FM and it is good to review the information later.

Maybe there could be a firmware update in the future that would allow external memory to record FM radio, so keep on updating your firmware, so maybe that would be a idea for a future firmware update idea.

or you could just move the file to your external  memory card when  you have it hooked up to the computer? I  would guess that would work right?

The filmware update if Sansa decides to do it is the best for me as moving the file to the SD card is not handy when I don’t have access to my computer since I’m at the place where I do the recording.  Have a good day!

I was at an assembly this past weekend (and now work in parking) but want to listen/record the program. Question: do you know if once recorded from FM if the file can be transferred to your computer? I am using an iMac (Leopard).

Thanks! 

@joshncampbell wrote:

I was at an assembly this past weekend (and now work in parking) but want to listen/record the program. Question: do you know if once recorded from FM if the file can be transferred to your computer? I am using an iMac (Leopard).

Thanks! 

You should be able to.  I haven’t done any FM recording, but the files from just recording can be copied to the computer and renamed.

I currently have an e260. I like to record a radio program that is on all night but the Sansa e260 can only record 2 hours.

So the Fuse will record 4 or more hours without interuption or need to be reset for a new recording?

Thanks

It can record more than 2 hours uninterrupted.

@unklray wrote:

I currently have an e260. I like to record a radio program that is on all night but the Sansa e260 can only record 2 hours.

So the Fuse will record 4 or more hours without interuption or need to be reset for a new recording?

Thanks

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-other-MP3-players/FM-record-times-for-e260/m-p/224588#M15940

On windows the Sansa fuse is just connected to the pc USB socket and appears as an external disc drive. The files can be just copied to the hard drive of the Pc and renamed as required. Rather than end up with one big file it’s an idea to stop recording at the end of each talk. That way the files are nicely sized. Hopefully similar for mac. I use iPad and laptop