8GB Clip--FM Recording, How many hours?

I’m expecting to buy an 8GB Clip after first investigating the Fuze! I will be using whichever Sansa I choose to record a three-day seminar that is also broadcast on an FM channel at the Convention Center. I will be recording about 21 hours total, in about 7 hour increments. I will be staying out of town and will not have a computer available to download what I’ve recorded each day. I’ll recharge with a wall charger at the hotel each night. 

I did a search here of the Community (loads of GREAT information here, thanks) and found that with the Fuze someone was ‘able to record a little over 22 hours–7.++GB of FM with the internal memory.’

It seems logical to me that the 8GB Clip should be able to do the same?!?!?! Can anyone confirm this guess for me? 

Thanks, I appreciate the support offered here! 

A 1 hour recording on the voice recorder takes just about 180MB.  The recording is 24Khz, 16bit, 384kbps mono .wav. 

The FM recording is stereo at 768kbps, so those will be twice the size.

You should not have any trouble with capacity, but I’m not sure about battery life.  Maybe take a small USB battery pack as a backup?

Message Edited by Alohamora on 05-10-2009 04:41 PM

Thanks Alohamora, I’ll check out a USB battery packs!

@dakotaessence wrote:

Look into an AC wall charger, maybe you could leave it plugged in while you record? Even some cell phone chargers might help you. Just look for 5V, 500-1000mA for specs. :smiley:

I didn’t know you could use it while it’s recharging ? ? 

@tunacantommy wrote:
I didn’t know you could use it while it’s recharging ? ? 

With a wall charger you can…I do it all the time.

Hi there.  Just checking out my options for what I think is the same purpose (K on the W D C).  My question is - how did it work for you, recording the program each day?  Is it clear?  Is it easy to download to your computer?

Agape, Thanks!

@dakotaessence wrote:

I’ve used this one with my Clip, works great:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290327925222

I’m not the seller, just a satisfied customer.  :wink:

To get it to your computer, simply drag and drop it, just as with your music files.

@alohamora wrote:

A 1 hour recording on the voice recorder takes just about 180MB.  The recording is 24Khz, 16bit, 384kbps mono .wav. 

The FM recording is stereo at 768kbps, so those will be twice the size.

Wouldn’t it be four times the size? Not only is it twice the bitrate, but it’s two channels instead of one.