FM Radio

Hi there

I just bought a Sana Clip 4GB and  I cannot get the FM radio function to work…I am NOT a “techie” so any assistance you can provide would be appreciated…pls note  I do not live in the USA and therefore do not access to rhapsody, emusic etc to download music for  my mp3 player so the FM radio function is really important to me.

Looking forward to some helpful responses.

Thanks in advance

MissTine

Which headphones are you using? The headphone cord is the FM antenna. Which firmware does the player have? In some countries a  version of the Clip+ was released without the radio.

@misstine wrote:

Hi there

I just bought a Sana Clip 4GB and  I cannot get the FM radio function to work…I am NOT a “techie” so any assistance you can provide would be appreciated…pls note  I do not live in the USA and therefore do not access to rhapsody, emusic etc to download music for  my mp3 player so the FM radio function is really important to me.

Looking forward to some helpful responses.

Thanks in advance

MissTine

Try  pushing up on the square button pad.:wink:

Also, there are some variations of the player’s firmware–in essence, its operating system–that disable the FM radio that most Clips include.  The good news is, you can bring the radio back in that case by reinstalling the general firmware for the player–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum (it’s very easy to do). 

Some Clips, it seems, issued without the hardware in them to allow radio play (this was intentional, not a mistake)–hopefully you did not get one of those, where you live.

Also, as noted above, there are some variations of the player’s firmware–in essence, its operating system–that disable the FM radio that most Clips include.  The good news is, you can bring the radio back in that case by reinstalling the general firmware for the player–see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum (it’s very easy to do).  (Choosing Restore default under the player’s settings also may do this, although I’m not sure.)  If you’re asked for your geographic region in the process of reinstalling the firmware, you need to be sure to set a region that allows radio play, such as the U.S./Americas, Europe, and “Rest of world” settings.

If, by any chance, the radio still does not work, it could be that a software “switch” is set for the firmware that prevents the radio from working; all you need to do is reset the switch–just by changing a letter at the end of the firmware file’s name–before installing the firmware and then install the firmware, and the radio should be back.  Here is a list of the firmware swtiches that can be set:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25408

Finally, as Marvin notes above, the radio can be “paused” so that it doesn’t play–it is easy to do this inadvertently/accidentally.  To get the radio playing again, just press the play/pause/up button (the top button) on the pad on the front of the player.  The first thing to check out, before fiddling with the firmware.

Had FM, lost it after installiing latest software, how do I go back?

Restore Factory Defaults and pick a different region.

Q: “Had FM, lost it after installiing latest software, how do I go back?” A: Read the post directly above yours. :wink: