FM Radio Troubles

I cannot get the FM radio option to work on my 4 GB Clip.  I have headphones plugged in.  I bought the Clip in the US.  I updated the software today (10 Dec 2008).

When I turn it on it shows headphones and “Music >”

When I hit the select button, the following options appear:

Play All

Artists

Albums

Songs

Genres

My Top Rated

Playlists

Podcasts

Audiobooks

Recordings

Music Options

If I select “Recordings” I get the following choices:

Voice

FM Radio

This is the only place I can find FM Radio at all.  If I select FM Radio, if says “[Empty]” and there’s nothing I can do except go back to the menu list.

Am I missing something to getting the radio to work?

Um.  Yes I was missing something.  When I see the headphones and “Music>”, it never occurred to me to go up or down, which found me my radio.

Oops.

@dunk wrote:

Yes, you are. When you see the “music” ,don’t hit select. Instead, press down on the circular 4-way pad…you’ll see a picture of an old-school table-top radio…from there, you should be fine. One thing to be aware of…once you get your station tuned in, if you don’t hear anything, it may be muted, if so, press “up” once, then it should work:smiley: 

@marvin_martian wrote:

@dunk wrote:

Yes, you are. When you see the “music” ,don’t hit select. Instead, press down on the circular 4-way pad…you’ll see a picture of an old-school table-top radio…from there, you should be fine. One thing to be aware of…once you get your station tuned in, if you don’t hear anything, it may be muted, if so, press “up” once, then it should work:smiley: 

Wow…start to reply, run downstairs for a soda, finish reply, and now it’s unnecessary…lol. Glad you got it to work:wink: