Sansa View Firmware | Instructions | Release Notes
Latest: 01.03.02 (As of June 30, 2008)
Mac and Linux users can connect their View in MSC mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions below:
- Turn on the View
- Put the device in Hold (move Hold button until orange is showing)
- Press and hold the Left Button
- Plug the 30 pin connector into the device (be sure the USB is plugged into the computer)
- Wait for View drive(s) to mount
- Follow instructions above and drag files to the View drive
::: Firmware :::
The 01.03.02 firmware is the latest release as of June 30, 2008 for the Sansa View. Firmware and release notes are available below.
WARNING: If you have an “F” firmware version on your device, you won’t be able to update to an “A”. But an “A” to an “F” version will work.
For (A) AMERICAS - Download ZIP file
For (F) EUROPE w/ FM - Download ZIP file
- Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
- Once extracted, drag all files to the root directory of your Sansa View.
- Disconnect the Sansa View and let it restart. (see notes below)
- The firmware update will now begin.
- Once it’s finish with the update, it will boot back up. Go to the main menu, then select Settings / Options > System Settings , and verify the “Version” is now 01.03.02.
- Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will restart. If the restart does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 8 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.
- The Preloaded video from the 01.01.06 version on the View will no longer playback with this version of the firmware. The video playback specifications for the View has not changed
::: 01.03.02 Release Notes :::
- Pressing “Now Playing” after a Rhapsody Channel update will cause the View to hang up and must be restarted
- Audiobook: Audible bookmarks are not recognized by Audible Manager
- Inconsistent battery life for music playback
- When a music file’s ID3 tag has no track number and title, player can not sort by file name
- No pause before scrolling text in select box and music playback window
- Power saver option does not turn off the player
- Added Auto Detect and MSC USB modes
- Removed skipping of video to the previous/next
- When the backlight is off, the keys are still responsive: right/left/scroll up/scroll down/menu/option keys
- Added individual book marking for each video
- Improved WMV rewind and fast forward performance