I have an update on the MicroSD problem. I got a USB connector for my MicroSD card. It allows me to access the data using Windows explorer. On my MicroSD device all the files are intact even though the Sandisk cannot detect them!
I thought the card was losing it’s data but it is not. The problem is not with the MicroSD card. It is a software bug IMO.
Here is what happened to me.
1. Loaded files on MicroSD card in my Sandisk via Windows media player.
2. Verified that they were on my player when I disconnected and could hear them.
3. Removed card from player and inserted a new MicroSD card into the player.
4. After the player was turned on it said refreshing database. I looked at the album list and it showed the same set of albums even though the card with the data had been removed! As a test I tried playing one of the items I knew was not there and it came back with a bad track error and locked up.
5. I shut down the Sandisk and removed the blank card. Turned it back on and verified that all the songs on the MicroSD card were not showing as selections.
6. I shut down the Sandisk againg and put the original MicroSD card which did have songs on it back in. Turning on the Sandisk, I got the refreshing the Database message, but none of the songs appeared in my list!
7. I looked at the card using the USB card reader and saw that all the files that were there before are still there.
From this experience, I am concluding that the Sandisk software does not pick up data on a card at all. It only picks up the catalog when you load the songs on the MicroSD card using the Synchronization process.
As long as you leave the card in, you are fine. But if you remove the card or try to put in a new card, you lose the ability to read the data from the Sandisk…
Thoughts? Suggestions? Help!..