file system error ! restart the device or format to recovery .??

hello good people !

so i organized songs in my mp3 - clip sport .

i deleted few file to have more space and it showed like nothing deleted. no more space .

i decied to erase - im using mac . "Applications — Utilities ---- disk Utility ---- Erase " \ all this to clean space in the MP3 .

now it showing me this error . the mp3 is still opening in the mac desktop as- “UNTITLED”

what should i do . thanks for any help !

1 Like

I was attempting to manage my Clip Sport with my MacMini and my Inspiron Laptop (Win 10).

I slowly observed my Cip Sport is way more happy when I do not manage the files using my Mac.

For one thing, OSX creates a useless “_.” index file for every audio file you copy to the Clip Sport.

If I had your situation, I would connect my Clip Sport to a Windows PC and run a CheckDisk.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

A nice visual guide to possibly resolve some simple errors on your Clip Sport.

thanks for replay  .

so basically the checkdisc should solve the problam  ?

can i use it on mac as well?

1 Like

Specialized freeware transfer software can be used with a Mac, to transfer files to the Clip without the extra Mac junk files. 

@deangazala wrote:

i deleted few file to have more space and it showed like nothing deleted. no more space .

i decied to erase - im using mac . "Applications — Utilities ---- disk Utility ---- Erase " \ all this to clean space in the MP3 .

now it showing me this error . the mp3 is still opening in the mac desktop as- “UNTITLED”

Remember that when deleting files from the device while using a Mac, you must empty your trash while the device is still connected, otherwise the files will still be there. If you don’t, only the path to the files wil be deleted in the Mac’s Finder system.

1 Like

Having exactly the same proplem with a brand new Sandisk MicroSD card for my Sandisk Clip Sport MP3 player.

Downloaded some perfectly legitimit MP3 files from my Apple Imac and then it reads: Sandisk SD card files system error.

Restart the device or format for recovery. Formatting and reinstalling the MP3 files did not help.

Same problem occurred. I am at a loss how to proceed next!

1 Like