Feature Request - Firmware Update II

Dear All,

As mentioned in my previous post, I have recently bought a Sansa Clip+. Much to my surprise, I have subsequently read many reviews on here bemoaning the sound quality of the Clip+ compared to original Clip and Fuze. With that in mind, is there anyway that Sansa can release a new Firmware update that adds two new settings to the EQ balance (i.e. ‘Original’ [as in Clip] and ‘Normal II’ [as in Fuze])? Surely it can’t be that hard?

Without starting a huge debate, however, is there a noticeable difference to most folk?

Thanks again for any help,

Nick

Leedsgreen wrote:

Dear All,

As mentioned in my previous post, I have recently bought a Sansa Clip+. Much to my surprise, I have subsequently read many reviews on here bemoaning the sound quality of the Clip+ compared to original Clip and Fuze. With that in mind, is there anyway that Sansa can release a new Firmware update that adds two new settings to the EQ balance (i.e. ‘Original’ [as in Clip] and ‘Normal II’ [as in Fuze])? Surely it can’t be that hard?

Without starting a huge debate, however, is there a noticeable difference to most folk?

Thanks again for any help,

Nick

I have been bemoaning the subpar custom equalizer in the Sansas since last July or so, and nothing has changed yet. As far as the alleged difference in sound between Clip+ and its forebears, the potential reason for this is obvious to me…but I hesitate to air it, in the interests of not re-opening bitter old debates.:wink:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-26-2010 09:33 AM

I really don’t note a difference in sound between the Clip and Clip+.  But then, I haven’t studied it …

Thanks for replies both of you. I have to say how pleased overall I am with the Clip+. I hgave upgraded from a 1GB mp3 ‘stick’ and the sound is infinately better and with a 8GB microSD card, I can carry all my music with me.

Cheers,

Nick

I don’t notice any huge difference to the clip or the fuze.

I see all these threads and posts about firmware wishlists and I can’t help but think that any feature omitted is not because SanDisk wants to deliver an inferior product, or that they want to tease us with incremental upgrades - rather, to maintain a low price point, the Clip/Clip+ only has so much firmware ROM, so they have to be very selective in which features they implement. Features take up ROM space, after all.

jsmaye wrote:
I see all these threads and posts about firmware wishlists and I can’t help but think that any feature omitted is not because SanDisk wants to deliver an inferior product, or that they want to tease us with incremental upgrades - rather, to maintain a low price point, the Clip/Clip+ only has so much firmware ROM, so they have to be very selective in which features they implement. Features take up ROM space, after all.

Give that man a

Where can we chip in to buy SanDisk some extra ROM?   :wink:

Now, here’s the combination.  A Hoyo de Monterrey…

Please pass me the headphones.  I have some listening to do.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Not to sound like a broken record but the v1 clip had less memory, yet rockbox has the features people are asking about (and it works well).  And that’s just from reverse engineering, so sandisk shouldn’t have any problems working forwards.