Edge 16gb stopped working

Hi there , i got this pen drive at the start of the year and it was working great … but suddenly stopped working back in August.Ive tried to format unsucessfully .

I did register it back when purchased and reported it when it stopped working. I have found the online reservation for the item but don’t have a proof of purchase or serial number as requested by the support team…

Can anyone help me …

Many thanks

John 

If you registered it with SanDisk online when you bought it as you say, then they already have the serial number and there should be no issue in claiming warranty replacement for it.

This was the reply i got when I contacted Sandisk…

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
device not working - Format fails

Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (Cornilius L.) 08/13/2013 12:20 PM
Dear John,Thanks for contacting SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.
I understand that your Cruzer flash drive cannot be formatted. In order to check what the exact problem is and what possibly caused it please give us more details about it by answering the following questions:- What is the exact error message you receive whenever format fails?- Have you attempted to format your flash drive on a different computer?In order to eliminate the issue you are having, please attempt to format your drive as shown on the articles below and let us know if the issue is now resolved.  As format will erase all data from your flash drive please make sure that you have everything backed up prior to proceeding. Formatting a drive or device using Disk ManagementFormatting on a Mac computer
Should we determine that the USB drive needs to be replaced, we require the following information so that we can verify the authenticity of your product and register it for warranty purposes:- Product code and serial number (please provide all the codes written on the product)- Color of the drive- Place of purchase- Date of purchase (MM/DD/YYYY)- Do you see the letter "R" or the word "Refurb/Refurbished" at the back of the product?- How was the product packaged at the time of purchase?- Phone number
- Complete address (no P.O Box please)SanDisk stands by its warranty and we are glad to help you with your warranty replacement as soon as we have established that your device is qualified for replacement.

Should a replacement be required we recommend that you take your device back to your place of purchase as this is the quickest way to get your warranty replacement.

If you would like SanDisk to process the warranty replacement these steps will be followed:
  • You send your old SanDisk device back to our depot in the Czech Republic via trackable mail service. Please note that SanDisk is not responsible for the cost of mailing the device to us. We will provide you with the RMA address after RMA approval..
  • You will receive your brand new replacement product (which might not be in retail packaging) by courier, at no cost to you within 7-10 business days of receipt of your original device at our depot.
  • All otherinformation and status updates will be provided to you via email.

We shall be waiting for your update. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Using one of our SSD’s? Check out our new interactive SSD guide for installation- and usage tips & tricks.
Please refer to your My SanDisk at http://kb-eu.sandisk.com anytime to see all of your incident history and product registration information. You can log in using your email address as your login and the password that you created.Also, you can visit http://kb-eu.sandisk.com our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk's products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at http://forums.sandisk.com to provide you with the most complete answers possible. Best regards,
Cornilius L.SanDisk Technical Support

Wow!!  The CSRs must be paid by the number of words they send out.

I recommend skipping directly to the Replacement steps.